Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: fuel tank removal  (Read 3342 times)

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
fuel tank removal
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:17 pm »
I have got the fairings off to fit R&G crash bars and since I have a one year service coming up in June by which time the mileage will likely be 8k+ I spoke to my dealer today and they suggested I put in a new air filter now and are sending me one. They will check the throttle balance on the computer and if it needs adjusting will still have to strip the bike in any event but if not ( as is usual)  I have saved up to ú200 they would have charged me for the filter change.

I need advice on removing the fuel tank to get to the airbox. From what I understand by searching I need to disconnect the small pipes on either side of the tank and the feed to the main rail from the fuel pump. I am not sure which bolts other than the two large ones on either side need to come off. Do I need to drain the tank before disconnecting pipes ? would appreaciate advice from anyone who has done this or has access to a service manual. Many thanks. :028:

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: fuel tank removal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:52:19 pm »
If you get stuck davidcumbria I can scan the relevant pages (5) from the TSM and attach them to a further Reply....but the PC attached the scanner is on the blink so don't hold your breath...
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:35 pm »
PM Sent !

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:01 am »
Thanks guys. Will post how it goes.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 01:03:53 pm »
Definitely drain the tank as much as possible. Been there, done that. Had to remove my tank last year to fix that coolant leak at the thermostat from the loose clamp. Pretty easy. Just the 2 bolts at the front of the tank and disconnecting the small fuel lines on both sides and the main line, then just pull it slightly forward and up. Once you get the sump up out of the hole then disconnect the wire harness for the fuel pump to set it off the bike. You're probably going to find that air filter is pretty clean unless you drive down dirt roads regularly. 
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

tweedy-bunch