Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] info about Trouphy  (Read 4476 times)

• Offline ChuckG

• Trophy Member  ‐    12
    • Topic Author

Offline ChuckG

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE/
    • City / Town: Medford
    info about Trouphy
    on: Apr 04, 2015, 01.35 am
    Apr 04, 2015, 01.35 am
    Hi just registered I own a 2003 Bonneville America, I'm thinking of buying a Trophy SE. And would like to know what you all think about the Trophy and if there are any problems with this machine. Thanks any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. Chuck

• Offline kurtmartin1027   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    226

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy
    • City / Town: Trenton
    Re: info about Trouphy
    Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2015, 01.40 am
    Apr 04, 2015, 01.40 am
    Hi chuck.  I have to say that the Trophy is one of the best machines that I have ever owned.  Like any other machine it has its own share of issues.  None of which havent been overcome.  I have owned mine since Aug of 13.  I have had a couple small issues like the windscreen and I had a small coolant leak.  Both issues were taken care of immediately by the dealer and I couldn't be happier.  You can ask away but I think that you will find your questions answered just using the search.  This forum has helped me with several small issues, non mechanical and has been a fun place just to learn about my machine.  Good luck with you search and I hope to hear about your new purchase soon.

Kurt

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions as I am sure any of the other members will do also.
    It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

• Offline Bludy L   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1692

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
    Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2015, 02.14 am
    Apr 04, 2015, 02.14 am
    Chuck,
    My TTSE was an early 2013 model. I had the issues with the audio module/sirius radio that others have had but my dealer took good care of me. I'm pretty sure the new Trophy has that issue and others taken care of.

It is the best motorcycle I've ever owned. I recommend it.

If you have any doubt that you really want to get one, don't take a test ride!!!
    My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

• Offline atuti   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    147

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: TROPHY SE
    • City / Town: Washington DC
    Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2015, 02.32 am
    Apr 04, 2015, 02.32 am
    Hello from Spain.

My TT is a late 2012 model (one of the first units coming out the iven of the factory) and I can not be happier with it. I had a problem with it the very first day but it was a silly ruber wash leaking fuel from the tank. A quick response from the dealer and a free first maintenece service as compensation.

23.000 km since then with not a single issue at all, travelled with my wife around Spain and part of France an not a single problem. A really leliable machine, confortable, easy to ride, low consume engine, etc, etc, etc. It is a "kilometers eater".

Again, I am very happy with it. I would buy it again.

Regards

• Offline cropbiker   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    4934

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
    • Midlands biker
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Worcester
    Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2015, 07.17 am
    Apr 04, 2015, 07.17 am
    Hi Chuck and welcome.... :400:

Have had my Trophy from new a little over 2 years and I LOVE IT!

Best bike I have ever owned and very little I would change on it.

Only issue that has stopped me riding was a leak from a front fork seal which was resolved by the dealer immediately and a failure to start which was a cable which had come adrift from the starter solenoid.

Everything else has just been fun, fun, fun!
    Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

• Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro  ‐    105

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
    Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2015, 07.41 am
    Apr 04, 2015, 07.41 am
    Love the bike and the service that I get from the dealer is great. Since owning the bike from new I  have had a couple of issues, the front TPMS sensor failed and was replaced under warranty and for the past 3 months the electric screen has been intermittent in operation and the dealer has had the bike for 2 weeks diagnosing the fault, already replaced the motor and relays and I believe they intend to replace the switch and harness next. A positive note on that is I am slowly test riding the whole Triumph range on loaner bikes :001:
    An improvement could be to have illuminated radio controls which are difficult to operate at night but that's just a minor observation and the cruise control switches I find to be difficult to reach ( I have noticed a design change on the 2015 model in the dealer that addresses this so it shows that Triumph listen)
    Other than the Explorer there is no other bike I would consider as a replacement for the Trophy.

People who wear ties tell lies.

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10135

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2015, 09.22 am
    Apr 04, 2015, 09.22 am
    Hi ChuckG and :400: to the Forum !

There's lots of information in here, along with friendly and helpful advice  :169:

If you haven't spotted it yet, then have a look through this Topic :
    "TOP TIPS for New Forum Members" !

Onething that has let the Trophy down in the U.S. is not rhe machine itself,
    but a lower than expected standard of service / lack of product knowledge from some Dealers,
    so as well as researching the motorcyle ( whis is fantastic  :169: ), do some research on any Dealer
    that you intend to use, and try to get Feedback from any other Trophy owners that have used them  :028:

Cheers  :821:

• Offline Verdun95   fr

• Trophy God  ‐    2844

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
    • City / Town: by CDG Airport
    Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2015, 05.57 pm
    Apr 04, 2015, 05.57 pm
    welcome aboard  :821: Trophy is the best bike I've ever had since I've started riding in..1972 :028:
    An old biker must be a good rider

tweedy-bunch