Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Speedo Not Working  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
Speedo Not Working
« on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:36 pm »
 I went for a ride today and about halfway thru the ride I noticed that the digital speedo wasn't working. I tried it on both trips and it didn't work on either. Reset both trips and still did the same thing. It was off anywhere between 25 and 50 mph, (slower than actual). When I was doing 70 mph, the digital speedo would read anywhere between 20 and 40 mph. Has anyone encountered this before, or have any idea for a fix?

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Speedo Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:29:45 pm »
I'm sure you have already checked in the setup to make sure it is not set to read average mph.  I don't ever use the digital speedometer, I use the analog and allow for the difference in it vs the gps reading which always shows up to 4 mph slower than the bikes at highway speeds.  I've had the digital speedo displayed on one or two occasions, but I don't leave it up.  Other than the aforementioned possibility I have no clue as to the problem.  Maybe someone else here can be of more help.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 02:32:04 am »
I'm sure you have already checked in the setup to make sure it is not set to read average mph.
Thanks for the reply. I don't use the digital speedo either, but when I scrolled to it during my ride I thought it was not functioning correctly because it was so far off from my actual, I didnt know that it could be set to average or actual speed. Actually I have been in the bike setup and adjustments several times but I didn't know, or even see an adjustment for the digital speedo. Is it separate from other settings?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:35:00 am by Zebraranger »

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 08:45:03 am »
I didnt know that it ( Digital Speedometer ) could be set to average or actual speed.
It can't !

I think there may be some confusion with the Trip Items - one of which is Average MPH,
that can be displayed on the Instrument Panel. 

The Digital Speedometer - which has LARGER Numerals compared to other Trip Items,
displays the Actual Speed of the motorcycle, and is displayed on the Upper Line
of the Central display area on the Instrument Panel ( when selected ).

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 02:09:39 pm »
I have a question for you guys, when your speedo isnt registering is the temperature low??  I have noticed that mine will either register wrong or it will not register at all when its cold.  Just curious.
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 02:57:18 pm »
Thanks for the information guys, I was indeed looking at the average speed and not the digital speedo.
I think there may be some confusion with the Trip Items - one of which is Average MPH,
that can be displayed on the Instrument Panel.
Coconut, you are correct, thanks for the clarification. I re-read the manual and discovered that the digital speedo was the last item in the trip setup.
I've been missing it all this time.
Thanks again.