Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 5v supply circuit fault  (Read 8184 times)

Offline stu748

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: Stourport-On-Severn
5v supply circuit fault
« on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:56 pm »
Hi, does anyone have any information about this fault, my management light is on but the bike still runs ok. only had the bike a few months,tried to go out today but the said light is stuck on, didnt want to risk  it.love the bike but not sure about the reliability now

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: 5v supply circuit fault
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:59:44 pm »
I have not heard of that one. What, apart from the USB port is the 5v supply for?
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline stu748

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 03:51:58 pm »
i have no idea what its for, new to these bikes, last bike was a nice reliable fjr

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 04:35:55 pm »
As explained to me when this happened to me, a 5V fault can be thrown when the computer doesn't have time to handshake with all the various inboard sensors before start-up.  It takes just a few seconds, but it does take a few seconds.  I now turn the bike on, watch the gages settle in, allow the windshield to go into position and otherwise allow the bike to sound like I didn't just turn it on.  Then hit the starter switch.

In my case, the light went out on its own after I let the bike sit a spell, and was a bit more patient on my start-up procedure. Try doing that to see if your light will clear.  If not, you may need to have a tech check each sensor to see if they are operable. :821:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 05:00:20 pm »
I'm with you there phil.... its like any modern electronic system it requires time to boot up and finish all its self checks. I never need or expect to just turn the key and press the tit to fire Tyson up. Turn the key.... let the screen come up to position... let the TES test finish... let the audio come on... all that time I am putting the helmet on and putting my gloves on. Its like going through a preflight checklist, do things in order the same time overtime and life is good! :002:

Offline stu748

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 05:18:56 pm »
when i came to start the bike today the screen wasnt in its home position and didnt move when  the switch was turned on,could this be part of the same fault?

Offline stu748

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 05:23:57 pm »
hi any one recommend  some where to sort out my problem, near me preferably thanks in advancehttps://www.triumph-trophy.com/Smileys/light/187.gif

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 06:01:40 pm »
I would say you need a trip back to a dealership. I should imagine your nearest is Wolverhampton and then Birmingham. Which one did you get it from?? How old is it, remember you have a 2 year warranty! :002: