Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Installing heated seats!  (Read 22084 times)

Offline Michel1960

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Quebec
Installing heated seats!
« on: April 07, 2015, 07:05:07 pm »
Hello everyone, picking up the new bike in a little more than a week now, I dont have the heated seats on mine but I just saw some used for sale and I could save quite a few $$$ , now the question , is it an easy install or should I have the dealer do it?? Not sure how happy they would be if I get the seats elsewhere and have them do the installation!!

BTW I'm not a very good handyman...
Honda 350 ( old),Suzuki 400 GS 1975
Yamaha Maxim 750 1983,Yamaha Venture Royale 1984,Honda St1300A 2003
Bmw K1600GTL 2012
Triumph Trophy SE 2014

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Installing heated seats!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:14:39 pm »
My bike came with the heated seats installed so I can't say for sure.  However I'd be surprised if Triumph made two entirely different wiring looms.  I suspect that if you pull the seats you may see unused connectors already in place.  Just a hunch.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:26:15 pm »
Yes.... it should be a simple fit.... just make sure that any used seats come with the switch gear to activate them!

Also you may need a dealer to activate the info screen icons for the heated seats.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Balu84

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Mainburg
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13:27 pm »
Hi, just have a look at http://www.triumphinstructions.com/. Fill in "A9708350" for the part-number (heated driver seat) and there will be a list of instructions in several languages. You can compare with your handyman-knowledge  :038: . Also you can check the manual to know which parts are delivered with the "original" oem-set.

If you need part-numbers for the triumphinstructions-site, my way is to go to http://www.triumphworld.de/, to trophy or trophy se, look for the needed (or wanted) part and copy the part number out there.

:187: Be carefull, if you´re looking for heated driver seat at some sellers pages, there are heated driver seats "except usa, ca and jp". Maybe there are different heated driver and pillon seats in europe and usa, ca, jp.

good luck (and i wish i had heated seats for driving this morning at -5° celsius  :164: )

------------------------------------------------------

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 08:37:07 pm »
It's not a difficult job - Plug & Play !

Each seat needs its own wiring sub harness and switch.

The instructions show where to route the sub harness,
which is connected into exisiting sockets after removing Blanking Plugs from them.

Once installed, the Heated Seats symbols on the Instrument Panel may be displayed, or may not,
as they are only dispayed when the Heated Seat is switched ON -
the symbol is then removed from the display a few seconds after the Heated Seat is switched off.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:03:35 am by Coconut »

Offline MO Man

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Eastern Missouri
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 05:28:00 am »
The seats are truly Plug and Play and will be seen by the instrument screen as soon as you plug them in.
If you install heated grips you must take it to the dealer so he can tell the ECU they are there. I'm not
sure why Triumph chose to do this.
Deo Vindice

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:51:25 am »
"If you install heated grips you must take it to the dealer so he can tell the ECU they are there"

Sorry you are wrong any bike less than 2 years old will require a link plug just under the glove box to activate the grips icon. No dealer visit required.
Why don't people read the how to section before posting on this forum :187:

Offline MO Man

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Eastern Missouri
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 02:33:09 pm »
*Originally Posted by malcolm [+]
"If you install heated grips you must take it to the dealer so he can tell the ECU they are there"

Sorry you are wrong any bike less than 2 years old will require a link plug just under the glove box to activate the grips icon. No dealer visit required.
Why don't people read the how to section before posting on this forum :187:

I own a 2014 Triumph Trophy SE. I installed a genuine Triumph accessory Heated Riders Seat, a genuine Triumph accessory Heated Grip Kit
and a genuine Triumph accessory GPS Mount for the Garmin 660/665. I found and printed the installation instructions from the Triumph USA
motorcycle website.

I always research whatever I do before I do it. I suspect Triumph allowed the seat to be recognized without the diagnostic tool because they
realized people would be disconnecting the seat at times and it would be inconvenient to run it to the dealer for a reset each time but not sure.
My grips worked perfectly fine right after I installed them but I had to make a run to my local Triumph Dealer for them to attach the Diagnostic
Tool to the bike to tell it Heated Grips were installed so that it would be displayed on the instrument panel.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:50:01 pm by MO Man »
Deo Vindice

tweedy-bunch