Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: iPhone Mount for Handlebar  (Read 11087 times)

Offline captsprocket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lake Worth, FL
iPhone Mount for Handlebar
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:34:20 pm »
I have searched this forum for ways to mount my iPhone on my Trophy so I can actually see it while riding. I could not find anything that really seemed to be a quick and easy fix.  I ended up stumbling across something last night that I wanted to share with the group in case anyone else is looking for that easy fix.

I have a Lifeproof case on my iPhone.  I ride my bicycle a lot and mount my phone on the bikes handlebars using a Lifeproof bike handlebar mount.  Only problem is, the clip is too big to let it mount at the spot on the Trophy's bars that allow me to actually see it.  I ended up looking for something else when I came across a mount for a bike computer that has an extension "bar" at the end of it.  I also found a few rubber spacers to go inside the clip of the Lifeproof clamp and lo and behold, I now have a mount that allows me to easily see my phone while riding.

I'm sure you can find the bike mount at any bicycle shop or out on Ebay.  Shouldn't cost any more than $20, if that.  Thought I would add a few pics to show what I am talking about.  I feel better now!  :020:

Offline dolfanbolt

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lake Charles La
Re: iPhone Mount for Handlebar
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:52:42 pm »
i'd like to follow your lead, can you give me any info to order the extension mount you have.  I have the lifeproof mount.
Thanks
Dolfanbolt

Offline captsprocket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 12:43:34 am »
Hey Dolfan,

If you go to eBay and search on Krex light/computer handlebar mount, or Barfly universal mount to see what options there might be. If you have a bicycle shop near, you may be able to find one there without going through eBay.

Check it out and if you have any questions, just send a reply and I'll help any way I can.

I used it on a long weekend ride a couple of weeks ago and it worked great!  Also, with the Lifeproof case, I didn't worry about about it getting wet.

Good luck!

Offline dolfanbolt

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile

Offline captsprocket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »
Not the exact same one I have but that is what I was referring to, yes. That should work. You will most likely need some thin rubber spacers both for the mount to the handlebars and the Lifeproof bike mount to this mount.

I got mine so long ago I have no idea who made it. Mine does not look as long as this one and it is made out of carbon fiber. However, I do believe this will work for you. Again though, if you get it at a local bike shop and it doesn't work, would be easier to return than through eBay. Just my $0.02.

I hope that works for you. If you end up getting it, let me know how it works.

Offline captsprocket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 06:05:16 pm »
Hey dolfanbolt, thought I would follow up and see if you were able to get the mount and if so, how is it working out for you?

Offline dolfanbolt

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 08:20:53 pm »
Just bought a couple of parts, will have installed this weekend, and update

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 04:56:12 am »
Don't you have any concern that the phone will let loose at speed (eg 50+ MPH), fall on the road, get run over etc?  I must be overly protective.  I don't even keep mine in my back pocket.  It's always in the glove box or my zippered interior jacket pocket.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:53:05 am by w8d4it »
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch