Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: helmet cam !  (Read 3097 times)

Offline aquitaine

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy sexycrnt
  • City / Town: leics
helmet cam !
« on: April 09, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »
ANY HELP PLEASE ON WHAT TO BUY .JUST WANT 1 TO USE A FEW TIMES A YEAR .THANKS

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: helmet cam !
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »
I think my Garmin Verb Elite is the dogs danglies....

Great picture quality, easy to operate, GPS enabled, can operate it via my Garmin Zumo 590 GPS too.

I have had a GoPro Hero before and in my opinion the Verb is superior.

I also use it for diving.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »
Tried a GoPro, it broke.  Tried a Verb Elite, it broke too. Currently on a Drift HD - so far so good
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 08:06:12 pm »
Although I don't own a Garmin Virb Elite, I have to agree with Cropbiker. A buddy of mine bought one a few months back and video quality and sound is great. I currently own the JVC Adixxion and when I bought it a couple of years ago, it was between the Garmin Virb and the JVC Adixxion. I went with the JVC because I got it at 50% off on Black Friday. Both the Garmin and JVC have sunlight-readable, menu-driven color display that shows real-time recording, preview and instant playback. Both are nice and compact and both shoot good quality video. The Go Pro at the time was a $75.00 extra for a attachable screen pack. Another issue that I was concerned about with the Go Pro was that the flat side of the camera faces the wind, making it more prone to wind movement at high speeds. The Garmin and the JVC are more streamlined with the narrow part of the camera facing the wind. The JVC shoots great video, but the sound quality is horrible because it uses a built-in underwater mic, something I didn't know when I bought it. Another reason I went with the JVC was that it uses standard camera mounts and is mountable from the bottom of the camera and from the side opposite from the screen. The Go Pro uses their own proprietary mounts which means you cant use the more readily available different standard mounts on the market. This was important to me as I wanted to be able to mount it in different positions on the bike, from the rear passenger foot pegs to the handle bars, and to the crash bars on my other bike. The video quality is great on the JVC, but because the sound quality is so poor, its replacement will be the Garmin Virb. Also because of the sound quality, I always put my ride video's to music. I have five different helmets and I've yet to find a nice mount that will work with my Modular Helmets. This is what it looks like and a video that I shot last June riding my Bonneville at Deals Gap, Tail of The Dragon.

Youtube Video Link  https://youtu.be/_q26hMiqc7A
https://youtu.be/_q26hMiqc7A
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:03:59 pm by Zebraranger »

Offline Mikeinnj

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 09:03:41 pm »
I have a Sony Action Cam that I use for skiing.  The cool thing is that this camera has a video monitor that you wear on your wrist.  Very good picture quality and sound.   

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 09:11:31 pm »
Oh I forgot to mention the Gamin Virb has an excellent app for iPhone which allows you to configure the camera remotely and also line up the shots and remote control the camera from your iPhone.

The desktop editing software is also excellent allowing easy edits, speed up and slow down... GPS and other telemetry overlays
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧