Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Weak Bluetooth  (Read 8560 times)

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto
Weak Bluetooth
« on: April 12, 2015, 01:49:05 pm »
I had an Interphone F4 bluetooth headset that I used for communicating with my bike and had a few other items connected to the bike to come through my headset, namely my phone samsung s5, Zumo660.

I decided to look for a bluetooth headset with ear buds that I could use with all my helmets. I settled on th LG Tone Pro HBS750 which seemed very popular in other forums. Here is the device: http://www.lg.com/ca_en/all-mobile-accessories/lg-HBS750

I have tested it with all my other devices one on one and it works great up to 30 feet away. When I connect it to the bike it continualy connects and disconnects and I never hear anything through it.

I did have a bit of trouble with the Interphone F4 fading sometimes but never disconnecting. I would turn my head to the left or right and it would come back.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this?  Do you think this is a warranty item?

Thanks

Colin
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:50:51 pm by ColinM »

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Weak Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 05:10:52 pm »
One of the reviews on the LG unit claims to have had trouble connecting to two bluetooth sources at the same time.  I have discovered with my Sena SMH10 that with voice activation of the intercom "on" that wind noise will cause the microphone to try to connect the intercom, and since I was riding alone I knew I wasn't trying to connect to another user.  I went to the menu and disabled voice activation on the intercom and that solved the problem of interrupting the audio system constantly.  I don't know if that is the case with your LG or not, but it would be worth checking out since it caused a very similar problem on the Sena and both units have HFP.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:22:53 pm »
Hi ColinM,

In addition to what trophied says (  :169: )  check that your Trophy has had the Audio Software update,
as there was definitely a Bluetooth "issue" although not ( currently ) reported to have affected the
Bluetooth Signal strength, it was to do with the Module not powering down when the Ignition was turned off,
resulting an a flattened motorcycle battery. 

You can check the Software Version you have by :

To check the Audio Software Version :

1.   Turn the ignition to ON position (don’t start the bike) and wait for the screen to display.

2.   Make Sure “Radio Off” is displayed on the screen.
      ( If the radio is on, turn it off <Volume Down all the way to OFF>
      and then turn the ignition off and back on again ).

3.   Press and hold the (P) Preset button until diagnostics menu is displayed.

4.   Press and release the scroll button until S/W Version is highlighted.

The latest Version for US markets should be 1.04E

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:38:31 pm by Coconut »

Offline nakerr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE - RIP
  • City / Town: Ft. Saskatchewan, AB
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 08:10:04 pm »
I had a Sena SMH-10 with a SMH-A0304

Helmet Clamp Kit – For Earbuds with Attachable Boom Microphone & Wired Microphone

Worked very well.
Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

Past owner of 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (Pacific Blue) - RIP; - next bike ???

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 08:31:15 pm »
That's what I use and it does indeed work very well, just a little bulky on the side of the helmet.  The 20S being two separate units for batttery and control is a little smaller and already has the earbud jack without a special clamp being required.  Both units are also a little pricey, especially if you need two of them.  This LG unit is an affordable option if Colin will confirm its effectiveness for us once he has it working the way he likes it.

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »
Thank you for youre replies. Great information.

I did further research and I have read on other boards that so many people are having issues with the Triumph bluetooth as to the poor perfromance. I checked the version of the audio unit and I do have 1.03A. I'll have to take it in and see if that helps.

I read a lot of chatter that it's the location of the radio unit under the seat where I assume the BT attena is as well - that is causing the signal to have trouble getting through all that mass :)  but I don't think so as it's the same whether I'm on the seat or not. 

Others have suggested that it's the way the radio is attached to the bike under the seat as they say the signal is strong, just not getting to where it needs to get to.

When I take the bike in for the firmware update I'll ask them about this issue. Maybe the firmware upgrade will fix this. I hope so.

Colin

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 01:27:20 am »
I've never had any issue connecting with either of my helmets that has a bluetooth receiver.  I've never tried to pair my older Nolan N102 with N-Com system since I never wear it due to its age.  Hope you get it lined out.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 02:23:57 pm »
I have not had a problem with mine but I do use SMH5 and 10.  I have had twice in 2 years where the bluetooth did not connect and I had to turn the headset off and back on.  I think if I had not been impatient and waited a bit longer it would have connected as a couple of times it seemed a bit slow to connect BUT it seems to depend which one you turn on first.

Not weak or intermittent could be to do with the headsets and the profile they use.