Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New member  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Dave Blackwell

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chatham
« on: April 12, 2015, 04:01:49 pm »
 just thought I would say hi I am a 66year old motorcyclist. Have not got a Triumph at the moment, but am thinking of get a Trophy. At the present I own a 1300 Pan, my only concerns about the Trophy are reliability. I've had 3 Pans over the last 14 years and done about 250,000 in that time, and never been left on the side of the road. I'm hoping that if I get a new Trophy that i can expect some thing similar, any feed back would be much appreciated, I need to be converted. I do really fancy the Triumph.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:35:19 pm »
Hi Dave and welcome to the Forum. Its a great place to do some research to help you make your decision.

In my opinion the Trophy is a fantastic bike and has no more reliability problems than any other brand. You need to remember that there are a lot more goodies on-board so there have been a few issues but Triumph seem to have responded well in all cases.

The worst problems have been more down to dealerships and lack of training/quality of service in particular our American and Australian friends as they have less choice when it comes to who they go to for dealer issues.

Have you had a test ride yet? That is by far the best way to get a true opinion of the bike. Of course, most of us in here have found that you get back to the dealership afterwards and immediately sign on the dotted line! LOL :008: :008:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 04:36:01 pm »
Go on do it.................... Take the test ride ........................... And you will buy one  :028: There are plenty on here from many different bikes and all say TT is the best.  :028:
It wasn't me !!

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 04:39:32 pm »
welcome aboard  :821: as suggested the best would be for you to book a test ride; that should be enough to convince you how great this bike is :028:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:33:52 am by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 05:19:04 pm »
 :400: to the forum.  I would think that the 2015 models have certainly had all the bugs worked out, since our earlier models have had fixes put in place by Triumph for issues we've had and seem to be running reliably now.  I can't speak for everyone, but mine has been very reliable and comfortable and none of the issues I have had have left me dead other than one battery problem and that was not the fault of the Trophy - I inadvertently left the key on!  Reminder to self - NEVER USE THE KILL SWITCH UNLESS IT FALLS OVER!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:50:21 pm »
Hi Dave Blackwell and :400: to the Forum !

You just HAVE to take the Test Ride and most, if not all, of your concerns will simply disappear!

Re :
NEVER USE THE KILL SWITCH UNLESS IT FALLS OVER!
If it DOES fall over, the "Fall Detection Switch" will operate anyway !

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:31:56 pm by Coconut »

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 06:10:14 pm »
Dave

Welcome to the Forum :400:  you will enjoy the Trophy :028:

seadog :821:
seadog

Offline Dave Blackwell

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chatham
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 08:37:59 pm »
Many thanks to those that responded, I know I have to take test ride,  I did visit the Triumph stand at the London bike show and was told that the early problems the bike had had been resolved. That to me says a lot for Triumph and their willingness to rectify any faults that occur. My only real concern is the fact that the mirror/indicator casings are ridgedly mounted to the bike, and despite how careful I am I do occasionally clip them whilst filtering. Filtering is something I cannot avoid doing as I commute into London. :430:
Dave