Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Added A Drink Holder To The Trophy  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
Re: Added A Drink Holder To The Trophy
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 05:20:25 AM »
Zebra, that looks like a nice setup.  I have the other RAM swivel cupholder that you posted a photo of.  I don't drink while on the road, but it's very handy for picking up a cup of hot (or cold) coffee on the way to work, or a soda/shake at the local burger joint on the way home.  Trying to prop up a cup of liquid in the top box is a bit unnerving!
 :138:
STONEY

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 07:53:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Not to start a flame war but you drink while riding a motorcycle?  And then we have the nerve to complain about cagers who text or phone and drive at the same time. I'd say taking a hand off the bars, flipping my shield/helmet, tilting my head up, drinking and reversing the process at least as dangerous as texting and driving. And before using the excuse of going slowly let me say that I spent four days in intensive car as the result of a woman hitting me while I was doing 15-20 MPH.   Just my two cents

I can see where you are coming from with this contribution but, and its a big but, I'd like to think we'd take the current environment into account before doing this.

I worked a rolling road closure with local Police at the weekend for a Premier Calendar Cycling event, I had hydration inside my tank bag and had to unzip, drink, and re-zip up my bottle.  Having a camel pack on top of the tank bag or a holder would have made it all easier to do; AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME.

It is very simplistic to 'blame' distractions as the cause of accidents but it is inappropriate behaviour that's the problem

I'm always told speed is dangerous, but in fact it is the inappropriate use of speed that is the issue.

Just my $0.02 too.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »
My comment was only meant as a joke about getting caffeine in whilst riding But a big straw would be good.  It is much better to stop stretch the legs and get a coffee in some interesting places.  I do have an issue with longer group rides in very hot climates where it is both necessary to hydrate and keep cool.  Just like hypo and hyper your core temperature has a big effect on your decision making and concentration and hence you riding.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 08:33:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Zebraranger [+]
I like to bring my home brew coffee to work with me in the morning, just cant get coffee as good as mine at work. Since I had all this stuff laying around in the garage, I modified this insulated adjustable size drink holder and mounted it to a 1" Ram ball and short Ram arm. Coffee in the morning, bottle of water in the afternoon, works great. I cut a thick piece of rigid plastic 2" wide X 6" long. Using heat I curved it to match the curve of the holder. Placed it on the inside of the drink holder and using two small flathead bolts nuts and washers, I bolted this 1" ram ball thru the plastic and to the outside of the holder. On the inside, I covered the flathead bolt heads with peel & stick felt. Using a short Ram arm, it mounts to a 1" ball in the mirror hole on the right side.  Since I previously owned a Goldwing and became spoiled having a drink holder, I wanted something on my TT to hold my drink. Definitely nice to have on those long distance rides here in hot 100% humidity prone Florida..

I open this post again, because that had not occurred to me, with the coffees that I get to drink daily, with the subject of confinement you do not find open bars, so I carry the glass inside the TopCase and inside a bag because sometimes to pour coffee inside the TopCase.

Thanks for sharing
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.