Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Member needing help  (Read 12552 times)

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: St Clears
New Member needing help
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:59:09 PM »
 :084:Hi Guys
Just joined your forum, been out of biking for the last 18 months but I am retuning with a Triumph, and this is where I need some help. Ridden the Trophy SE and Explorer this week and I am leaning towards the Trophy. I don't want a radio, so the difference in price for the standard Trophy and the SE therefore seems a lot for electronic suspension!
So I would be interested in your views between the 2 models and is the standard screen O.K. or would you recommend the larger one.
All your comments would be appreciated.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: New Member needing help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:29:40 PM »
Hi Bluebird  :401:
I have the SE and all the electronic wizardry sold it to me. Telling the truth if I could turn back time I'd buy the standard and spend the extra money on other things like the larger screen etc. That is unless the audio unit floats your boat then it has to be the SE. But once the suspension is set and regular tyre pressure checks carried out then then there is little difference.
The audio unit is under the seat and take up a large portion of a useful under seat storage box.
Check the spec's see which you really need then go with the gut.

Ya pay ya money and take ya chance.

Its a great bike whichever model you choose. Have fun  :821: :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:30:42 PM »
Welcome Bluebird. Your question is difficult to answer as I have only ridden the SE so don't know about the standard model. I think most of the demonstrators are SE also. Maybe there is someone out there who has bought one of each, but I doubt it.  :034:

I have the standard screen and have no issues with it but again I have not ridden with the touring screen.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »
Blubird Hi welcome aboard ,
  I have the SE with the lower seat ( long body short legs )...anyway the point is i am 5ft 10 in and with the standard  screen at its highest I can just see over it .So it does depend to a point how tall you are (short body long legs etc ) and if you want to in extreme weather conditions if you want to look through it possibly with your vizor up as the protection is fantastic .
As for the electronic gizmos I regulary  ride solo and two up  On my own its sport and with my wife comfort ....I know you can change it manually but would you I know I wouldnt .So if you only ride it your self then it wouldnt be worth it  but if like me you do both  then yes use the bike to its fullest and have the EASY way of changing everthing .
ps the radio is good up 70 ish and I am surpried how good the reception is  and how ottern I use it ...and no I wont be getting a cut if you go for the SE !!!

Enjoy
loads of miles

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
I've ordered the standard bike in silver - couldn't justify the extra £1200 for a radio and electronic suspension - I've got it on my BMW RT, and I'd like to say I can tell the difference, but I can't.

Managed to persuade the dealer to throw in heated seats, grips, rack, top box and sat nav mount so well pleased.

Bike will arrive tomorrow, and just need to wait for the extras to be fitted - can't wait

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:53:56 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. My gut feeling is for the standard bike and put on the extras I really want. I rode the SE this week and did not experiment with the suspension settings, it was set on normal and I was pleasantly surprised by its handling, it had the larger screen fitted but I found it quiet enough without it fully up. Whatever model I buy it will be blue!!

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »
Good call, the extras were more important to me aswell - The Trophy looks good in any colour - I just wanted the colour to match my helmet - how sad is that?

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »
Hope you don't mind me asking, what dealer did you use to get all those extras thrown in?