Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Member needing help  (Read 12289 times)

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: New Member needing help
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
I agree with the sat nav wiring.  I thought when the dealer fitted the mount it would include the wiring but it didn't.  It was not too bad wiring it in yourself but a bit of a pain if you do not need to.  If the dealer has not got the electrical part of the mount and it is not included I would buy one myself and give it to them to fit.  They have to take the dash off to fit the physical mount so it is easy and minimal extra work to electrically connect it.

Some thing to keep in mind (or tell them)  take the wire through the mount but then route it straight away to the left towards where the connections are.  I have been told that if you drop it down behind the dash it will pick up noise.  I found I could easily route the wire along the underneath of the bracket that holds the physical mount and for it to not get in the way of the fairing.

You have to remove the fairing panel, above the trophy logo, on the left hand side to find the right wires which are vlecro'd to the metal work.  Even with the panel removed I found it hard to find the wires the first time.  (you only have to find them once I hope)

Also I have found the GPS jack seems to go loose easily.  (probably from plugging and unplugging which you won't do after fitting) But I would recommend taping the Jack connection together.  I used self amalgamating tape as this is better than insulating tape but any tape is better than none.  Also stops water ingress.

Also I took the fuse out of the GPS wire as I was wiring to a fused spur anyway but if they are leaving the fuse in line then get them to make sure that that is accesible from just pulling the mirror out of the way again meaning you don't have to pull the dash to change a fuse.

The dealer probably knows all this???  But it is worth getting right so you do not need to take the dash off again.

This is not all my work but picked up from other peoples' threads and from experience of doing it myself.

John

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »
This is not all my work but picked up from other peoples' threads and from experience of doing it myself.

Yes mine :010: :010:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »
And good advice it was too.  Worked for me.

John

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »
And good advice it was too.  Worked for me

:001: :001: :001: :001:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: St Clears
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »
Thanks for the advise on the GPS wiring. I know a guy who lives near me, he used to work for Autocom. I am going to ask him to fit it for me along with my intercom. He has done work on previous bikes I have had, and his work is spot on. I know my limits !!!

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
Much depends on your riding style/preferences: The Tiger Explorer has the same 1200 Triple but a different tranny and software for fuel/timing/throttle responsiveness and weighs 100+ lbs LESS -> That Explorer explodes off the line, way quicker than the SE....Cruising at 70MPH, crack open the throttle and the Explorer hits 90 MPH in less than 3 seconds! On the other hand the SE has 100+ lbs more weight and a plusher ride, the tranny has taller gearing, especially in 6th gear where I've averaged 54 MPG at a GPS rated 80 MPH on the super-slab! The amount of PROTECTION on the SE is phenomenal and very quiet with the "Tall" CalSci windscreen instead of the cute but not too effective Triumph screen. Not to mention that the Explorer is really TALL in the saddle dudes, sheesh. I have a 28" inseam and don't really feel safe, ever while pushing or pulling it around in any parking lot!
 So, are you a 6' tall, go fast, wind in your hair, neck, arms, shoulders and legs sort of rider who likes to off-road it frequently, or do you like comfort, "adequately sporting acceleration and very nimble on the twisties" kind of rider?
 Smile and enjoy, either bike is excellent, I'd have preferred the standard over the SE for the weight savings alone, the suspension is easy to deal with using a wrench and a screw driver and I don[t listen to a radio, ever!  -Dr Ron  :028:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!