Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: iphone 5c  (Read 2402 times)

Offline browning

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ontario
iphone 5c
« on: April 17, 2015, 02:48:03 pm »
My iphone will not connect and bluetooth is on. Is this phone not compatible?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:00:11 pm by browning »

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: iphone 5c
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:50:38 pm »
Hi browning,

There are definitely Members that have connected their iPhone 5 to the Trophy - ( 5C or S - not sure ? ).

Can I just check whether you are trying to connect it by Bluetooth as HEADSET 1 or DEVICE 2 ?

Also, you might want to re-visit your Poll which has two identical options to choose : Connect or Connect ?  :087:

Cheers  :821:

Offline browning

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:15:15 pm »
Thanks, I got it to connect now, but when I phone my cell the bike asks to ignore and the up and down arrow on the bike switch will not change. When I press the accept button on the bike it shuts off. Yes I have it paired to device 2 but I just cant seem to answer my call on the bike. What do you mean by the Poll?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:17:47 pm by browning »

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 08:31:43 pm »
Possibly the easiest way of checking, would be to try Pairing someone else's iPhone 5 and comparing results.

If theirs works as it should then it could indicate a problem with your particular iPhone,
or if it behaves exactly the same as yours then it may be a compatability issue.

Unfortunately, according thr Audio Manual that I have, compatability is only confirmed up to iPhone 4s,
but then the Handbook was probably writtten befroe the iPhone 5 was released !,
so it may be worth asking your Triumph Dealer if there is an up to date compatability list.

With regards to the "Poll" - There is a Poll at the very top of your post titled "Connectivity" inviting Members to vote.
There are only two options to select from - "Connect" and "Connect" - do you see that when you view your Topic ?
( If it's there "spuriously" and you can't see howi to remove it,
hit the "Report to Moderator" button and add a Note asking for it to be removed  :028: )

Cheers,

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 12:29:01 pm »
I use an iPhone 5 plugged into the USB port for music. I did have it Bluetooth paired to the bike as Device and it happily shows me incoming calls with caller ID on the info panel. But only once was I ever able to use the scroll button to change to accept and take the call. All other times pressing scroll does nothing.

I eventually gave up.

I now use my Zumo 590 to route the calls. The iPhone is paired to that and the Zumo is then also paired to my Autocom headset. I can see and accept incoming calls via the Zumo screen and, when the situation is safe and in dire need I can even initiate calls on the go from the Zumo screen as I can access my full contact list.

If you haven't already got a GPS and are planning one I would recommend the 590 and go this route for this reason as well as many others for recommending the Garmin 590
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline browning

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 12:40:54 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
I use an iPhone 5 plugged into the USB port for music. I did have it Bluetooth paired to the bike as Device and it happily shows me incoming calls with caller ID on the info panel. But only once was I ever able to use the scroll button to change to accept and take the call. All other times pressing scroll does nothing.

I eventually gave up.

I now use my Zumo 590 to route the calls. The iPhone is paired to that and the Zumo is then also paired to my Autocom headset. I can see and accept incoming calls via the Zumo screen and, when the situation is safe and in dire need I can even initiate calls on the go from the Zumo screen as I can access my full contact list.

If you haven't already got a GPS and are planning one I would recommend the 590 and go this route for this reason as well as many others for recommending the Garmin 590

Thanks for the info cropbiker, you have saved me a ton of time.
browning

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 07:14:01 pm »
My pleasure!

Oh, and by the way I am not on Garmins payroll! LOL :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧