Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: brains needed  (Read 4471 times)

Offline bloodbiker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy
  • City / Town: hinckley ish
brains needed
« on: April 18, 2015, 02:24:22 pm »
OK brainy people advice needed

62 plate TT SE, 9500 miles, had all recalls done.
About a month ago whilst out on a long run the traction control light and EMS light both came on and the gear indicator went to 1 even whilst cruising on the motorway at 70ish MPH, no loss of power, everything fine apart from above got home switched bike off switched back on gear indicator works and traction light goes off EMS light stays on bike still runs fine.
Rang dealer advised to run a couple of heat cycles and see if that resets EMS light, which it did.

Onto yesterday out on another long run cruising along the A14 approx 70mph and the same happened again, stopped switched off switched back on traction control and gear indicator works as normal but EMS light stays on again ran a couple of heat cycles and light went out, so carried on 5 mins later same again so just carried on home no problems until when home if i revved the bike either in gear or neutral the bike stalled. 

Again rang dealer this morning booked in for next week for them to have a look at, so advice needed is what should i be asking the dealer to do and what sort of answers would you be expecting back, have been told it should about 2 hrs to download any info from the bike and look at it. 

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: brains needed
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:08:29 pm »
You could try looking to see what Diagnostic Trouble Codes have been "Stored" by the EMS...

I can't find the exact link on this Forum by try searching in the "How To" Section.

Found it, try this

"Now that we know how to get DTC's displayed on the Instrument panel
( Press the SCROLL UP and SELECT buttons together,
and hold them in while switching on the Ignition -"

I've done it once, to find nothing was stored, but if you manage it then it will give you an idea where the problems lies - before the Dealer gets his hands on it..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:16:36 pm by Gordon3xBBB »
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:25:37 pm »
Information on reading the DTC's  ( Diagnostic Trouble Codes) can be found here :
Servicing Data and Reference Information together with an attached file on how to decode them.

After whatever fault caused the DTC has been cleared the MIL ( Malfunction Indicator Light ) 
will extinguish after a certain number of No Fault cycles,
and is then erased from memory after a certain number more -
the number of times depends on the actual Fault Code.

Check to see what Codes are stored, then look them up to see what they mean  :028:

Cheers,

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:18:58 pm by Coconut »

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:18:14 pm »
Hi bloodbiker.. You might want to read this thread too

gear indicator problems

Hope you get it sorted and let us know the outcome.... Might be something we all need to get checked out!

Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline bloodbiker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy
  • City / Town: hinckley ish
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:26:03 am »
Hi all
Thanks for the advice have checked the bike this morning and fault code P0705 came up which is gear position sensor malfunction so will be ringing dealer on Monday to give them a heads up of what Ive found out and to see what they say, will keep you all informed as to how it goes

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 11:51:14 am »
That's great you at least know now what the problem is. Should be an easy fix good luck
Trophy Tom

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 01:30:03 pm »
Thanks for keeping us informed bloodbiker....

Hope we were of some help at least   :152:
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline skiprat

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy A1
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 11:09:23 pm »
Hi Bloodbiker, I am assuming on the 62 plate that you are now out of warranty, has it been mentioned how the work will be paid for? I have a 62 A1 TT and had pretty much the same problem early last year they had the bike for about three hours and all was then fine. It might be worth checking the display is still showing heated grips etc before riding off, I had to return to the dealer to sort this later.

tweedy-bunch