Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Riders with a Corbin seat, could you answer these questions?  (Read 7217 times)

Offline wojo

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Windsor
Riders with a Corbin seat, could you answer these questions?
« on: April 22, 2015, 04:52:25 pm »
For twelve years I rode with Corbin seat and I loved it.  Getting the Trophy has made me miss the feel of that seat and looking around here a few have them and I'm willing to get one as well.

I've contacted their support and looked on here for the answers but so far haven't found what I need, so my last hope are the members here.

Having a NA Trophy it comes with the Low Rider seat, I can be flatfooted with the seat in the low position and heels slightly raised in the high position.  The Corbin website states that the seat height is approximately 31" but not knowing where they measure to makes it hard to judge.  So my question to the Corbin owners is; can anyone give me a better idea of the comparison between the Low Rider height and the Corbin?

Any and all information is much appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
Re: Riders with a Corbin seat, could you answer these questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »
Assuming I started with low rider seat as standard, (I forget) I would say for me the Corbin feels to be just a bit taller.
With the OEM I could flat foot. With the Corbin it is more of a balls of the feet thing.  I've learned to scoot forward a smidge just as I come to a stop.  Then I can flat foot.  I just slide back that same smidge when I start off again.

I love my seat and backrest.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 11:30:07 pm »
Had one for a little while on my 2013 TTSE, couldn't get it to fit me right, discovered it was made incorrectly to start with and after MANY MANY PHONE CALLS and many months without the seat, it was sent back to me…..wrong again! :157: I called the manager of Corbin Southeast USA and he informed me in no uncertain terms that I was allowed only one "modification" because Corbin had already lost money on my seat after the first "modification"... He refused to acknowledge that the additional work done on it was not a modification but a correction to the original screw-up performed by his "craftsmen"….which, as I said above, was done wrong again :233: in several ways….So I ended up having spent over $600 for a seat that was built wrong both times and then Corbin Manager for the SouthEast USA division refused to answer any more of my emails, phone calls and letters…I even wrote to Corbin himself and he didn't bother to acknowledge me period!
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 11:50:25 pm »
I have a low seat, a comfort seat and a corbin seat.  Because of knee issues I need the seat a far from the foot pegs as possible.  The corbin is a little higher than the comfort seat in the high position.  I do love the way the corbin seat fits my not so small bottom.  I was lucky I bought it off a forum member who found it to high for him and saved myself a substantial amount of money.  I don't think I would have popped the retail for it.

ZShyster
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:14:40 pm by ZShyster »

Offline Older traveler

• Trophy Member
  • USE IT !!!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bridgeton NJ
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 07:46:09 pm »
The Corbin Seat was a needed upgrade. After the break in period you’ll be good in the saddle all day. That being said the seat will add about an inch in height. Corbin says it the same height as the stock seat in the upper position but, maybe because it’s harder and wider than stock that’s why it seems higher. I’m 6 foot with a 33 inch inseam and just barely get both feet flat on the ground.  If I’m stopping for a light or something that’s going to take a while I just slide forward a little and have no problem touching the ground. You also sit back further about an inch. I found this to be a plus for me.  It’s not like my Harley were I could stand and hold the bike up with my knees.  But the Harley is gone and I’m not looking back.

Offline wojo

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 04:25:38 pm »
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I'm not sure about the Corbin, now.  Although I love how they feel and miss having a backrest I'm not interested in losing the ability to flatfoot the bike at a stop.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 04:39:00 pm »
I came to like the Corbin I had on my R1200RT with backrest, but I don't think I would spend that much for a seat that is standard height for the Trophy since I need the lower seat.  I am considering a Utopia backrest though.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 01:09:11 pm »
Every Corbin I have ever sat on was harder than a rock. Don't know how they could be comfortable. Friend bought one and sent it back, many people do like them though.  :084:
Trophy Tom

tweedy-bunch