Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: The Perfect Bluetooth Device for TTSE?  (Read 9540 times)

Offline randysvoice

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Kaukauna
The Perfect Bluetooth Device for TTSE?
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »
Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth helmet communication system (Cardo-Scala, U-Clear, etc.) that pairs up with the 2014 Triumph Trophy without issues?  I just bought the UCLEAR HBC200.  In pairing it with the Triumph Trophy it DOES pair in both Helmet 1 and Device 2 but no audio is sent to my UCLEAR.  I've updated the firmware to version 2.22 and still no-go.  I've tried every install and pairing configuration six-ways-to-Sunday and nothing works.  The UCLEAR paired to my iPhone 5 just fine.  But, no sound from the TTSE Bluetooth system.  I'm at my wits end!   :233:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:02:25 pm by randysvoice »

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 triumph trophy
Re: The Perfect Bluetooth Device for TTSE?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:02:20 pm »
Sena SMH-10 works perfectly(at least for me)

Volume could be a little higher-volume control in TTSE audio system does not control Bluetooth audio level in SMH-10-otherwise works well..

Ride safe(and fast) :046:

Online ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:04:13 pm »
I have a Nolan helmet setup and once it is paired up to the bike, I have to hit a button that turns on the A2DP program in the headset.  Once I hit that button the silence is broken and I can hear the music just fine.  You may wish to look through your directions for such a program.

Zshyster

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:19:24 pm »
I too have an iPhone5 and a Shoei Neotec helmet with the Shoei Bluetooth, called Cardo SHO-1.
(http://www.cardosystems.com/motorcycles/cardo-sho-1)

It works fine with one glitch.  After finishing a call the radio cuts in and out.  I fixed this by stopping and restarting the bike but today I found turning off the head set and back on clears this fault too.  It is a PITA with no fix in sight!

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 11:11:00 pm »
On other forums there have been some issues with some bluetooth systems needing to have the AVC off on the bike, or off on the bluetooth unit if it has that.  There shoudn't be any issue with pairing the U-clear unit with the Trophy.  Do you have another bike or a friend with a bike with bluetooth on it that you can try pairing your unit with to see if it is the particular unit and you may have a warranty issue?  In the meantime I'll look at the webbike world website for their review on the U-clear to see if they have a procedure that might make it work.  Just trying to save you ditching it and buying another unit if possible.  I have a Sena SMH10 that works very well with the Trophy, phones, gps', and intercom as well as other bluetooth units.  I'll post any peculiarities of the U-clear I can find.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:42:48 pm »
Webbikeworld.com has a 2 part review of the HBC200 and the only thing I can say is I could find only 1 possiblity, and that is that the HBC200 is picking up enough sound of some type through the mic on the speaker to go into intercom mode.  You might want to read the review carefully to see if there is some small issue that is causing the problem.  I know if I have VOX enabled on my Sena for intercom use, it will constantly interrupt the audio source thinking that someone has initiated an intercom conversation.  I just quit using that and use the push button to initiate a conversation now since that's almost as easy as VOX, and no problems.  Just a question, almost like "is it on", do you have the Trophy speakers disabled and the headset enabled in the audio settings?  Don't get angry, just had to ask. 
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline lmrn1

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: bedworth
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 11:46:20 pm »
I was speaker to a dealer the other day and fouls out the only system that has been checked by triumph is cardo scala. 

Wish I knew that before I got the latest interphone f5

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 01:42:54 am »
I've been using the Sena SMH10 for a couple of years now with no issues, first on the GL1800 and now on the TT.

tweedy-bunch