Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: bluetooth intermittent  (Read 1979 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Warrington UK
bluetooth intermittent
« on: April 26, 2015, 02:29:04 am »
Hi all
i have a midland btx1 paired and the sound seems to be often cutting in and out. This only seems to happen when on the move . I have checked the headset speaker connections etc and all is fine. I have also tried paired to my iphone in the house and all is good this cutttingin and out only seems to happen on the move

The ttse is paired to both my iphone on the device channel and to theheadset on the headset channel

The issue seems also to be worse in town when the bike is near other btooth cars etc

Has anyone else had similar problems?

2014 Trophy Se
1971 Honda 500 Four K0

I'll just be 5 minutes !!!!

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: bluetooth intermittent
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:15:50 am »
No issues with the Trophy, but my K1600 had that same kind of issue every time I passed a state highway department location on an interstate highway, and occasionally around heavy truck traffic it would do the same off and on.  I chalked it up to radio interference from some sort of high powered units nearby, and it also could have been interference with the satellite radio signal, since that's what I used most often.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
Re: bluetooth intermittent
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 07:33:28 am »
I have the same problem with a Nolan ncom  3 unit.  I have tried everything including have Nolan replace every functioning part in the helmet and testing it, and had the dealer test the bike.  I have come to the conclusion that the bluetooth on bike is not that strong, and/or my nolan is too sensitive to interference.  Until I am willing to spend another $300 I have to live with it or find a work around.

My work around is I load my music on my Garmin 660 and pair my helmet and phone to it.  I have basically written off using the bike with my ncom-3.  I can listen to recorded music make and receive phone calls, and get nav information.  Unfortunately, I have given up the am/fm/and sat radio until I get a new headset.

Sorry for the bad news. 

ZShyster

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto

tweedy-bunch