where to look: TTSE, Zumo XT or BT headset ? by Coconut
[Today at 06:59:28 am]

No Brake Pressure After Tire Change by Coconut
[Today at 06:51:55 am]

Over heating by Coconut
[Today at 06:42:01 am]

Headlight Bulb Dust Cover Dimensions by STJIM
[Today at 02:33:14 am]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Additions to my 2014 TTSE  (Read 5218 times)

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 triumph trophy
Additions to my 2014 TTSE
« on: April 27, 2015, 07:35:46 pm »
Hey everybody:

For anyone interested here are a few additions/improvements I've made to my 2014 TTSE:

1. Hyperlites on the rear as taillight addition and mostly additional brake lights-set up to flash continuously as long as brake applied-VERY noticeable. 1 set of 16 LED's on either side of license plate.

2. Osram Silverstar 2.0 headlight bulbs to replace OEM-much brighter low cost, blinded tech when he looked at them side-by-side with OEM :001:

3. Wolo Disc Low Tone horn connected in parallel to existing OEM horn-no relay needed no extra current draw and MUCH louder and more annoying-very low cost improvement.

4. R&G Radiator guard and Down Pipe guard added-nice clean look and protection for expensive components.

5. Triumph front fender extension/mud flap-keeps grime/water off of front of bike and helps with keeping feet drier.

6. Paint protection kit from Triumph plus installer added 3M film to headlight for protection-nice clean install and protection from rocks, sandblasting(AZ rider), etc.

Thinking of crash guards but not for $600-700 :009: waiting for some competition to lower the price. $500 deductible comp/collision insurance is cheaper.

I'm sure I'll think of something else-does it ever stop? :047:

Ride safe(and fast)

Dirk

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Additions to my 2014 TTSE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:39:41 pm »
No.... It never really stops..... We love them to bits but there is always something that could be worked on to make them even better! :821:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
Lots of improvements for sure.  Will be interested in seeing how long the Wolo lasts.  I had the Wolo Bad Boy.  Took half a day to remove parts of fairing, install and re-install fairing.  The Wolo failed in the first rainstorm despite having greater protection than the stock horn.  Stock horn is still functioning fine.  Just not loud enough. Going to install a pair of FIAMMs when I get time.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 08:25:47 pm »
Yes I have seen that concern with the Wolo horn-mine is installed on the right side as high on the frame as possible right by the upper right side of the vented area, oriented to the right  not facing forward like the stock horn. Hopefully a little better shielded there-and fortunately it doesn't rain much in AZ :001:

Oh and I forgot-Grab On grips which installed very easily with the hair spray technique. Mostly to protect the expensive heated grips but increases grip diameter slightly which is more comfortable, and reduces some of the high-freq vibrations I feel in higher RPM's especially with aggressive cornering in lower gears.

More to come....

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 09:25:33 pm »
I have also added a LED strip to the rear to enhance tail/brake light.

Front and rear fender extensions.

Power Bronze Hugger.

Fiamm Highway Blaster horns

An additional set of mirrors to the mounts that were on the handlebars.

Comfort seat and an Air Hawk R cushion.

Two small zippered pouches to the passenger grab rails for wife's convenience. These just velcroe in place and are easily removed. She keeps her tissues, gum, gloves, etc. in them.

I agree with the statement about crash bars and insurance rates, but I will have some sort of engine guard when available.

A small tank bag that stays in place all the time for phone, reading glasses, etc. Also easily removable when I want to use the Triumph bag.

A small compressor with plugs etc. for roadside tire repair on board at all times.

I like giving and getting lists like this, they often have some pretty good ideas that come in handy and that I haven't thought of.    :152:

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 09:14:20 pm »
Navy Dad,

What small tank bag did you get to fit?

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 10:03:00 pm »
I had an old Eclipse tank bag that has been around here for quite some time and I was thinking about getting rid of it until I bought the Trophy. It is hard to find a bag that fits and this one works great for small items like phones, reading glasses, etc. I mounted the front fastener to the bike along with the fastener for the Trophy bag then I looped the rear straps in the usual way around the frame beneath the front of the seat. This "dual fastener" arrangement works great.

Offline Theo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Prince George
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 12:50:48 am »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Lots of improvements for sure.  Will be interested in seeing how long the Wolo lasts.  I had the Wolo Bad Boy.  Took half a day to remove parts of fairing, install and re-install fairing.  The Wolo failed in the first rainstorm despite having greater protection than the stock horn.  Stock horn is still functioning fine.  Just not loud enough. Going to install a pair of FIAMMs when I get time.

I went with the FIAMM Hi/Lo pair.  About 4000 kms since I installed them - yes they do draw considerably more power and require use of a relay, but that's not a big issue.  They were inexpensive and I can be heard now.  No regrets.

Theo
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Triumph Bonneville T100
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit