Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Travelling Tech  (Read 1854 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Travelling Tech
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:27:31 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am not sure exactly where this thread fits as it is not strictly talking about motorcycle accessories but they are items that I have used recently for travelling and think they are worth a recommendation.

We all know that when going on a long trip even with Trophy panniers space is at a premium. This is obviously also applicable when travelling by air these days as many of us try to fly with just cabin luggage so these items would be great there too.

These days we are all travelling with loads of tech iPads and tablets, iPhones, cameras, music devices and Kindles often these have multiple different chargers which also need carrying.

I have come across a really convenient unit for charging up to 7 devices simultaneously just using a single mains socket. The Bolse 60w / 12 amp 7 port first charging USB charging station. I sourced this from Amazon and here are the tech specs.

Technical Details

- 7 Multiple USB Port Charger - This portable fast Wall / Desktop charger simultaneously charges up to 7 devices at once. It charges your Apple iPhone 6, 5, 5s, 4, 4s, iPad 5, Mini, MP3 Players, iPod touch 4th generation, Samsung galaxy S5, S4, S3, Tab 2.0. Nexus 4, Xoom, Amazon Kindle fire HD, Paperwhite, Tablet, Barnes Noble Nook, blu electronic cigarette. Safely use any port for any device with any USB charger cord.

- SmartIC™ Technology - The way the SmartIC technology works is by distributing the perfect charge to each mobile device individually and simultaneously, automatically recognizing what you have plugged in with our micro smart chip. Once the battery is full, charging will automatically stop for that specific device. Even if you have completely different devices plugged in, each one will receive an OEM quality charge, which is the best possible in terms of speed and effectiveness.

- Extreme compact size - Easily fits in pocket. (Roughly the same size as a iPhone 4 in Verizon) AC 110-220V input voltage for any international or European travel, and a detachable 5 FT / 1.5M power cord is included for easy transport.

- Soft LED Indication Light - Blinks when the devices begin overcharging. Simply unplug your device / USB charger cable to protect it from over charging or short circuiting.

- Safety - A multiple-device charger can pose risks to mobile devices, as it may provide fluctuating power output. Bolse takes care of this issue and ensures that each device connected to the charger is safe. Each USB port equipped with an over current, over voltage, and short circuit protector. In the event that the charger lowers its power output, the device will stop charging.

Its very small size means it is really suited for motorcycle travel. Here are a few pictures.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Travelling Tech
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:42:36 pm »
The second bit of tech I got provides a portable wi-fi hotspot and media sharing device. The Verbatim Mediaplayer Wireless Mediashare provides a host of functions.

- USB host for the connection of portable hard drives.

- Secure password protected wireless access with wifi bridging to allow multiple users to connect to one wi-fi account

- an SD slot to read camera memory cards to allow transfer of files to the connected USB hard drive or wirelessly connected devices

- internal battery providing 5-7 hours life to the device itself and attached hard drive.

There is then an App you can use on your tablet to access files and media on the SD card or USB hard drive and copy them between those devices.

Using this set of devices you no longer need to carry laptops or hundreds of memory cards to cater for all of the pictures and movies you may take on an extended trip. Combine this with the Bolse charger hub and you can really reduce your tech space requirements!

Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline jofo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue
  • City / Town: Paris
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 03:50:42 pm »
Merci Cropbiker.

Jofo
Before I owned a BMW... But that was before...

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »
Nice, I use a portable wireless 2TB drive for all media, and an unlocked mywi dongle for internet. Any sim card fits and acts as a hub for up to 5 devices.

Glen