Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: RoadRUNNER Touring Weekend 2015 in Winston-Salem, NC - July 16-19  (Read 2513 times)

Offline astrocyclist

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, NC
So I got the time off from work to attend this year's TW in July. Is anyone else planning on attending? Also, I'm more of a lone wolf/small group type of rider and I'm not sure which group I should sign up to ride with, so if anyone has ever been I'd appreciate some feedback as to their experience. I haven't contacted the magazine directly yet because I'd prefer some unbiased opinions first. Thanks.

http://www.roadrunner.travel/events/touring-weekend/

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
Re: RoadRUNNER Touring Weekend 2015 in Winston-Salem, NC - July 16-19
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 04:51:52 am »
I haven't any feedback to give on it as I've never been to it, but after checking out the link, it looks like a fun weekend riding event to attend. I'll be up that way in Bryson City, NC about the middle of June. I'm also one that's not too much into large riding packs. I'll be meeting a large group there, but I'll break away and do my own thing as needed, sometimes with a couple of friends who will also be there. I'll probably do one of their larger scheduled rides just to be sociable, but for me its more fun and relaxing to just explore places that I haven't been.

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 06:28:43 am »
I've never been to the event myself either.  I used to subscribe to RoadRunner magazine, but since most of their rides are based in the east & midwest, I lost interest.  Also, they have many reviews on 'touring' bikes, as they are a 'touring' motorcycle magazine, however I find it interesting that they have never done a single review on the Trophy.  That's pretty much an insult as far as I'm concerned, considering that the Trophy is easily one of the top 3 or 4 true touring bikes in production today (#1 to many of us!).  Just my $0.02.  The event may be awesome, however!  Hopefully someone will chime in with some info for you.
STONEY

Offline astrocyclist

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:21:51 am »
Thanks for the replies. I decided to sign up for the Leisure Touring group, but after talking to the staff I found out that I could change my group if I wanted to. It's just a matter of making sure the group leaders know who is supposed to be riding with them so no one gets lost. Unfortunately they don't publish the routes beforehand (each group takes a different route) because I would prefer to base my decision on where we're going. Maybe I can talk them into giving me the GPS files for each group instead of just the one I signed up for. I'm also taking the photography class on Friday (another different route) so maybe I'll get some good shots on Saturday. Thanks again.

Also, I realized this should probably have been entered under the "Events" subforum, so if a moderator could move it I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Offline astrocyclist

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »
Unfortunately I've had to cancel my attendance, so I won't be able to give a review of the event this year.

tweedy-bunch