Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph low seat option  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
Triumph low seat option
« on: May 02, 2015, 10:48:26 am »
Has anyone purchased the Triumph low seat option? Hard to stand flat footed when I come to a stop. There only 30 mm shorter wondering if that's really a noticeable difference and worth the expense?
Trophy Tom

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Re: Triumph low seat option
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 11:35:07 am »
I bought a low seat second hand and yes it does make a difference, I was tip toe with the standard seat but with the low seat i can almost flat foot both feet. I have a 31" inside leg.
If you cant get a low seat secondhand It may be worth your wile getting your seat altered to fit you, usually about £50 as the low seat is just the standard seat with some foam removed

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:54:12 pm »
Thanks Malcolm my son works for the local dealer and I get everything at his price which is a big discount think I'll order one. Appreciate your input thanks again
Trophy Tom

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:35:05 pm »
I also have the low seat and the standard.  The low seat definitely makes a difference in terms of flat footing.  Originally I thought it was less comfortable than the standard but either the seat  wore in or my butt got used to it.  I still use the standard for long trips though.

Paul

Offline figmonkey

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Lunar Silver TTSE 14
  • City / Town: Santa Barbara, CA
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 03:55:25 am »
*Originally Posted by Trophy Tom [+]
Has anyone purchased the Triumph low seat option? Hard to stand flat footed when I come to a stop. There only 30 mm shorter wondering if that's really a noticeable difference and worth the expense?
I believe the low seat is standard for us over here in the States. Other forum members can chime in ... someone here knows for sure. I ended up buying the "comfort" seat from another forum member because the stock seat was too low for me.
- fig out

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 09:37:40 am »
I have the low seat and I like the fit for me.  I also put lowering links on the bike and funny enough I raised the seat to the high position and it fits well.  I raised it for comfort purposes while riding.  In the lower position it had a forward lean.  If that makes any sense at all.  LOL
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 03:59:07 pm »
I have ordered the heated low seat option with my new trophy.   But curious. Who makes the lowering links for this bike??  Thanks
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 05:30:21 pm »
Lust Racing makes links, and I think someone on this forum even made their own for a different ride height than the Lust links.  Really easy to change with a couple of boards used as a lever to be able to move the rear tire up or down a little to line up the lower bolt.  To keep the handling as close as possible to factory height you really should also lower the front end (raise the fork tubes in the clamps).  The Lust links lower the rear by 20mm.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch