Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Stereo / bluetooth help please guys  (Read 3860 times)

Offline adventure boy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Essex
Stereo / bluetooth help please guys
« on: May 08, 2015, 12:39:40 pm »
Ok Bike arrived this morning looks very nice not had a chance to have a go on it yet but did have a little play

Paired my Sena SMH10 all seems Ok
Paired my Samsung G5 all seems Ok

I can listen to the Radio through the Sena but cant turn the volume up or down via the bike handlebar buttons same with the Bluetooth from the phone and the USB

When the Phone rings it rings on the phone but not through the Sena the display says the number and I can answer it via the i button but not by pressing the button on the Sena

Have I done something wrong ??

Thanks Guys 

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Stereo / bluetooth help please guys
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 03:00:54 pm »
I'm going to go try my HTC One paired to the Trophy instead of the Sena (for the display on the dash) and I'll let you know if I find the same scenario and a solution or not.  Currently my phone is paired to the Sena so I could pair a second headset to the bike audio, but with the music sharing feature available on the Sena now I don't need the second headset paired to the bike.  I'll post what I find out later.  If you haven't introduced yourself you may want to post  a hello on the new members thread.   :821:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline adventure boy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:11:21 pm »
Thank you

I will do that as well

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 04:19:01 pm »
First off, the bike volume control will not work with a Sena, only a Cardo AFIK.  I tried pairing my phone to the bike, but without it plugged into the USB in the glove box the bike doesn't access the contacts to be able to dial out (didn't try plugging it into the bike, that kind of defeats the purpose).  I did call out once and heard the ringtone from the other end in the helmet, so I presume it would ring in the helmet for incoming calls.  Problem is I had to access the phone to get it to call out, and I'd rather be able to voice dial, so I'm back to helmet paired as Helmet, and second helmet paired as Device and my phone paired directly to the Sena.  Still have to control volume and key up the phone button on the Sena for calls, but I get the audio from the radio, or the I-Pod in the glove box, and audio muting by the Sena during calls.  Works very well and I'm used to it that way.  If you find a better solution let us know what your settings are and there may be some converts that have Senas.  There are some other threads regarding the bluetooth system if you want to do a search to see if there may be more help than I have provided.  Take care and enjoy the new ride.

Offline adventure boy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 04:33:26 pm »
Thanks again
Ive paired the phone and the sena to the bike not worried about making calls from the bike but receiving them is quite important the volume also not too bothered about although id prefer to use the bike rather than the headset the system allows me to track forward and back from the bike control which wasn't easy before so ill stick with what ive got
do you know the model no of the cardo that allows the bike volume to be used

Thanks again
Rob

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 06:19:23 pm »
 I'm pretty sure the G9 has been mentioned on more than one thread related to bluetooth connectivity.  The G9x also has a lot of good features like the Sena, although the website doesn't specifically state that it can be used while charging like the Sena.  But they do show 13 hour talk time and 1 week standby, which should fill any rider's bill.

Offline william

• Trophy Pro
  • its not your beliefs that make you a better person
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 04:39:16 am »
i have the SMH5-FM and it is the exact same............

Offline astrocyclist

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, NC
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 07:25:00 am »
I just tested my G9x and you CAN charge it while using it. The combination of flashing blue (to indicate that it is paired) and red (indicating charging) makes it appear to be constantly in pairing mode, so don't let that fool you. Mine was NOT plugged into the glove box USB port, so I can't vouch for that yet, as I'm not sure if the G9x would sense it as a computer-type connection and shut it off.

I used my mobile power/jumpstarter unit. What I personally do is keep that topped off by charging it in the top box then hook up any devices to charge while I'm in the store, restaurant, etc.