Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Streetparade  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
Streetparade
« on: May 09, 2015, 09:33:58 pm »
As I know that there are several people from Canada on this list, I'd like to post this url: http://tinyurl.com/qydgrn4
My hometown Apeldoorn/NL was liberated by the Canadian army in 1945. The memories of the 2d world war ánd of the liberation by so many volunteers from abroad still play an important role in our daily life overhere. Apeldoorn celebrated, as well as a number of other Dutch towns, from 1985 that liberation every fifth year. This was probably the last time due to the age of 90 or higher of those heroes. Although I was born just after the war, I think of that history every time a Canadian TT-rider writes a message. Canada should be proud of those men and women.

Henk

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Streetparade
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 11:37:08 pm »
I know not Canadian but my father's twin brother was shot down and is buried near leuwarden and I have often brought my father out for the march and celebrations.  I am always amazed how they are remembered after all these years.  My father was always treated and a guest if honour.

Being 94 now (father not me ). He is too old to travel but I know misses the parade every year.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:39:04 pm by john348 »

tweedy-bunch