Michelin Road 5 by Tenequip
[Today at 03:18:57 am]

New to forum and have some questions by TStol
[Today at 12:59:27 am]

Major help needed by GarminDave
[Yesterday at 10:30:48 pm]

Hi from UK by GarminDave
[Yesterday at 10:26:23 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Oil leak  (Read 2854 times)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Oil leak
« on: May 12, 2015, 02:19:18 pm »
Used the bike to find that I have an oil leak, just below the clutch plate housing. Check my oil level a it not drop. So clean the excess off the fairing. Rode home to find more oil on the fairing.

Called Carl Rosners and they booked it in for tomorrow with a lone bike made available to me. Hope it's sorted before 28th May as I'm off to the Isle of Man. Will keep you posted to what the issue may be....... She only done 8430 miles so unable speculate what the problem may be at this stage.

GJ-Trophy  :006:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Oil leak
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 04:03:52 pm »
Hi GJ-Trophy,

Sorry to hear of this - It doesn't seem to be a common problem,
so will hopefully be something simple, like tightening up the clutch cover bolts as here : Oil Leak ?,
or tightening up the oil pan / sump bolts as here : Oil sump / drain pan oil leak

Please keep us posted !  :028:

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Hi GJ-Trophy,

Sorry to hear of this - It doesn't seem to be a common problem,
so will hopefully be something simple, like tightening up the clutch cover bolts as here : Oil Leak ?,
or tightening up the oil pan / sump bolts as here : Oil sump / drain pan oil leak

Please keep us posted !  :028:

Thanks Coconut.

I would hope that all the bolts are tighten to the correct setting. If not then a replacement gasket may be called for. Rather than trying to tighten bolts further and stripping the threads.

Will keep you posted, hopefully it something small.

But I do like Carl Rosner service and wanting to resolve the problem.

GJ-Trophy  :002:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:07:07 pm »
Mine had a similar leak and the cover bolts were loose, I just snugged them up a bit evenly and it hasn't leaked since. My 2013 Bonneville developed several different leaks in its first year and most were due to loose bolts not being tightened to spec.

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:12:22 pm »
Triumphs always came with a free oil leak..   Now im showing my age...
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:43 pm »
After I lost a lot of oil over the back wheel of my sprint I checked the bolts on the trophy and found one of the covers loose.  There was a slight film of oil around the cover but the bolts were quite loose.  I blame the rubbish dealer I got it from though.  Just snugged them up and all has been well for about 25k. Miles.

tweedy-bunch