Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello y'all from Texas  (Read 7579 times)

Offline Aharbi

• Trophy Member
  • Retired and riding
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Austin Texas
Hello y'all from Texas
« on: April 20, 2013, 04:32:40 PM »
Checking out the forums to see what y'all are doing to farkle and fix your New Trophy's
Best regards; Art

Offline Jccjr50

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Dripping springs
Re: Hello y'all from Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »
Added the following:
   Triumph tank bag
    Calsci large windshield
    Garmin GPS

Very happy with all three

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »
Is there really a noticeable difference with the Calsci screen ?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sym GTS 300i Evo
  • City / Town: Rotherham
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 09:19:49 PM »
 :400:
Howdy old timer, maybe not so old :062: sorry couldn't resist, join the club, I'm just an old cockney codger, just bit older than you.
Hope you enjoy your new Trophy, haven't got mine yet, been in Spain the passed 6 months, can't wait to get home and test ride what sounds like a dream machine.
You have fun and take care.
 :821:

Offline Aharbi

• Trophy Member
  • Retired and riding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
Thanks Dave,  I researched for about a year before finally deciding on the Trophy SE.  Already have a big touring bike that My wife and I ride, actually it's her bike I just steer it.  Also have a dual sport and a mid size cruiser. I wanted a sport touring bike. Didn't want a wing, I have a Venture.  Although the Trophy is close to $6k more than either the FJR or the Concours it has everything I wanted plus some.  Here's my final deciding points. Concours didn't have cruise.  FJR didn't have 6th gear and cruise could only be set between 40 - 80mph.  We have 85mph speed limits here in Texas.  The Trophy can be set between 30 - 100mph.  Some interesting facts on the Trophy, it has a 11:1 compression ratio yet uses regular gas (87+) it also gets 50mpg.  It comes standard with 4 power ports (glove box, rider, passenger, trunk).  Has a 70amp alternator, the battery is where a right side glove box would be.  Rotating the throttle top to front (clockwise) is a setting that will take it out of cruise, so will any lever.  The brakes ARE linked with no way to unlink.  Braking is excellent. Traction control can be turned off but default is on with each engine start.  Has two trip meter setting, both with 3 of the 6 display lines fully user adjustable.  Two loadable riding profiles that can load headlight position, trip display settings, suspension setting and loading.  The tire pressures will only display when moving over 12 mph.  The windshield will retract when turned off and return to the previously set position when started.  Weather/wind protection is very good.  The rider seat has two manual setting positions. All cables are stainless steel.  The mirrors where the hardest thing to learn.  They look below the hand grip but over the saddle bags side to side viewing is good, top to bottom is limited.  Several times I startled myself with movement in the mirrors thinking I was being passed but it was my fingers that I moved on the grips.

Equipped as the Trophy the BMW RT was more expensive (everything was an option), less power.  More frequent and expensive service. Just didn't "ring my bell" like the trophy.  I was also asked about the K1600, at $10k more it was just too far out of what I wanted to pay.

Riding impressions.  Well it's a sport touring bike for sure.  First 100 miles for breakin not over 3k rpm which is 65mph.  After 100 mile not over 5k which took me to 95mph.  Redline is 10k.  It came with Pirelli tires which I found tobe very "sticky".  The 3 cyl engine is very smooth, revs very easy.  I get a slight buzz in the handlebar around 80mph.  Lays over very easy in the twisties like a sport bike yet tracks well one handed with the cruise on.  Very even power band and throttle.  The only options that wasn't standard was heated seats ($379ech) and grips ($249.99) which I don't think too critical in Texas and I may go with a custom seat anyway.  The stock seat isn't too bad but I found myself wanting to stop for gas before the 6.6 gal tank would let me. Yep - I feel I made the right choice. So for me. The Trophy fit 99% of what I wanted.  So far - I love it - no complaints nor problems.
Best regards; Art

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
Texas...Is Texas that small town near Houston :745:? Welcome to the growing number of SE moto-brothers!

My Farkles: PIAA 1100 LEDs, Zumo w/Triumph mount, Coocase 28 liter tailbox w/running-brake lights and a small light bar on the bottom of my rear fender which also functions as running-brake lights. Enjoy it and ride it like you stole it!
    :821:  -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Jccjr50

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Dripping springs
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »
To me there is a noticeable difference. A lot less tiring riding. Noticed the same difference when I had my Concours 14. His design works well for me.
I am 6ft 1inch with a 32 inch inseam, if that means anything.

Offline Aharbi

• Trophy Member
  • Retired and riding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 12:53:37 AM »
You're just on the other side of the city from me.  What'd ya say let's grab a burger together at Alamo Springs Cafe and tell each other lies about our new bikes.
Best regards; Art