Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Scotland  (Read 4649 times)

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Scotland
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:14:32 am »
Just got back from a 4 day trip to Scotland. Just needed to get away for a few days.
This bike just gets better and better. Thrashing about on the deserted fast roads or weaving through the single track roads the Trophy takes them all in its stride

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
Re: Scotland
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 06:41:06 am »
+1 on Scotland
+1 on Trophy on Scots roads

And excellent pictures, thanks for sharing, your bike looks built to enhance those scenes in Mother Nature.

Later

Dave  :028:

P.S. There are only two places for a safety helmet, on your head or on the ground!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:42:37 am by GarminDave »
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 07:03:05 am »
Malcolm

A bike hard to beat and a location hard to beat. Great pictures. Where did you go?

Love it round Scotland and the roads just brilliant.

seadog :028: :821:
seadog

Offline jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:37:36 am »
Hallo Malcolm.

I am planning two trips for this year; Hull - Yorkshire Dales – North York Moors – Hull.
And later this year Scotland. Arriving at Hull, or Edinburgh.
Your trip seems to fit me; 2 days to and back, four days Scotland it selves.
How does your trip looks, and why did you chosen fort his route? Special high lights?

Jaap
4 days, you wrote, and only the top pannier? Nice pics!
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 10:03:18 am »
Hi Malcolm.... with good weather as you had there are few places to compare to a good ride through a Scottish glen! Glad you have a great trip and thanks for sharing the pictures!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 10:34:05 am »
I road up from the York area up the A68 over the forth road bridge up to Perth, Blairegowrie,Braemar, Tomintoul, Grantown on Spa, Carrbridge, Inverness then up the A9 to Tain were I stayed.
From there just plan a route north West there are only a couple of roads! Lots of heather but not allot of roads in the Highlands you can do them all in a couple of days. The pictures were taken on a loop I did  A837 A894 A838
One tip if you have to travel the length of Lock Ness go on the B852 not much traffic. If you are travelling in peek time the A82 is full of coaches and caravans. Fort Agustus is a nice place for an ice cream if you like boats you can watch them going through the locks.
My route down home was A82 to Glasgow stopping at the Green wellie of course. Then A74 to Moffat A708 B709 A7 A6071 A689 B6277 A66 A1 A167 A168  and home 472 miles 58mpg 2 thunder storms through Glencoe and Loch Lomond didn't bother puting my water proof on and only my gloves and boots were wet. I think I will bin my water proof suit don't need it with the Trophy and it used to take me 15 mins of wrestling to get it on  :233:
To answer the question about luggage. 3 pairs of undies 3 pairs of socks 3 T shirts and a pair of jeans only half filled my top box, plenty of room for my camera toothbrush and razor. I had a tail pack on the rear seat to Carrie my shoes anorak spare gloves and waterproofs. I left that in my room. All my bike stuff tools etc were under the seat in the 5lt compartment as I have a standard bike.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:01:00 pm by malcolm »

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 02:24:47 pm »
Malcolm

Great route. I am thinking of doing the Moffat part this next time home and stop over.

My next leave in June takes me over to Ireland. Looking forward to that.

seadog
seadog

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE Silve
  • City / Town: Livingston
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 07:56:25 pm »
I'm up that neck of the woods at least once per year and I'll never tire of it. There was an artice in the paper recently that was called Scotland's answer to  route 66, calling it the Scottish 500 , starts at inverness then across to the west coast, all the way up and across the top and back down to Inverness. I can say that the north west roads, especially north of Ullapool will not disappoint. Maybe we could to a Trophy forum member thing. I know of a hotel that is very accommodating to bikers,  the Richonich Hotel. 16 of us went there this April and the owner gave us a deal as we filled the entire place on a Monday night. There is a bunk house in Durness, cheap and cheerful.
Anyway, all the best
Donald