Lunch anyone in and around Texas. by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 08:26:24 pm]

Bike Dryers by jrr
[Today at 03:18:21 pm]

Where can I buy a dealer tool? by Fatherof2
[Today at 12:46:58 pm]

brake caliper overhaul. by Grubloon
[Today at 12:45:11 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Second Triumph bike coming  (Read 2578 times)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Second Triumph bike coming
« on: May 17, 2015, 05:15:34 pm »
So with all the commuting around London and the South East. Had a long think, well not that long and made the decision to buy a second bike.

Had to be a triumph, couldn't be anything else. So went back to my dealer and guest what. They had a bike with loads of extra that suited my price range. But being 0.5 Scottish had to barter him down further on the price. Deal agreed, deposit paid now I just need to sort out the multi bike insurance.

Trophy will still be used on those long commutes along the M4, M1, M11, M23 and the rides out with the wife on the back.

But your reading this and saying so what is the bike. Nothing special just a small triumph tiger 800 only eight months old, but needing a new home.

So do I pick it up before the ride to the TT on 28th or leave it with the dealer and have the fun of picking it up when I return in 10 days.

GJ-Trophy  :002:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
Re: Second Triumph bike coming
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:27:36 pm »
A nice light weight alternative bike. Enjoy.everyone I know with one really rates it. So what will it be used for ?

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 01:18:16 am »
Tiger 800 is on my short list of an extra bike to do more adventure bike riding.

Offline Original Scourge

• Trophy Member
  • My first and middle name is Bruce Wayne. Yep!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 02:02:42 am »
You guys must all have long legs.  I tried on the Tigers along with everything else in the showroom and found that I needed a ladder to reach the saddle.  I've got a paltry 29 inch (736 mm) inseam and it already takes newly developed skill just to balance the Trophy.  I'd get a nosebleed riding the Tiger.   I own a Bonnie as my "other" Triumph and consider it to be the most intuitive and easy to ride of all motorcycles.  I often tell people who are considering entering the world of motorcycles that if they can't feel relaxed and"at ease" on a Bonneville, then they should stick with 4 wheels.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
2004 Harley-Davidson Low Rider
Past Bikes  -  1980 Honda Cb750c & a 1970 BSA Lightning.      I'm a lucky man!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 04:44:22 am »
*Originally Posted by GJ-Trophy [+]

Had to be a triumph, couldn't be anything else.

Been my philosophy for years :028:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 04:59:59 am »
*Originally Posted by Original Scourge [+]
You guys must all have long legs.  I tried on the Tigers along with everything else in the showroom and found that I needed a ladder to reach the saddle.  I've got a paltry 29 inch (736 mm) inseam and it already takes newly developed skill just to balance the Trophy.  I'd get a nosebleed riding the Tiger.   I own a Bonnie as my "other" Triumph and consider it to be the most intuitive and easy to ride of all motorcycles.  I often tell people who are considering entering the world of motorcycles that if they can't feel relaxed and"at ease" on a Bonneville, then they should stick with 4 wheels.

agree I wish I could straddle one of these they look like so much fun but it is on the verge of reckless for me to buy one.  LOL
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!