Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: One more spanish guy  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Guantalamera

• Trophy Junior
  • Let's try !
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy 12 SE
  • City / Town: Barcelona
One more spanish guy
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:10 AM »
Hi,
I am the owner of a wonderfull silver Trophy SE from few weeks ago. First service was already done and till today no one single problem. As a lot of people I am comming from Beemers world ( RT & GS) , and was a quite difficult decision, but after a test ride was easy to kill almost all my mental problems. Before the purchase I was checking this forum, and the true is that I was affraid considering some of the problems appearing here, but after to follow the opinions of two spanish guys, one from this forum  ( Hi  Alapues !) I decided to go a head, and right now I am extremelly happy.
Let me to tell you the true, the reallity is that I have a very important problem with this bike, I am spending too much money in gasoline, because I can't stop riding it !!!. I am lucky that gasoline consumption is very good !!
Thanks to everybody for your opinions and  to be part of this very usefull forum.

Guantalamera - Silver Trophy SE

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: One more spanish guy
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »
Hi,  :400:

Enjoy, I didn't think there was any difficulty choosing the Trophy over the RT, the RT is still not in the 21st century!!!!  :151:

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »
Hello Guantalamera!!!

Welcome to the forum. You are right with your perspective of the bike. This morning I have been riding through the Madrid-Segovia mountains enjoying this marvellous Spanish spring morning, sunny and not too hot (12/16 ║C). My first words as soon as I got home have been: "This bike worths every euro I have paid for it".

Welcome again. Bienvenido!!!

Offline Guantalamera

• Trophy Junior
  • Let's try !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:03:24 AM »
Hi Triplemania, you are right, but when you are for a lot of years member of the beemers world with a very high levelbof satisfaction, psicologically is a big step. Right now I am happy and sure I took the right decision.
Atuti. Thanks. I am aving the same feelings as you, and also every day improving. I was expecting a lot from the trophy and it is. !

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 07:34:05 AM »
Hola and  :400:

I know how you feel about switching manufacturers after so many years. I have ridden Honda Pan Europeans (ST1100's and ST1300's) for nearly 18 years. They have been good bikes for a long time but Honda has not updated them. After about 4 years of waiting for a new Honda model the Trophy was launched. One test ride and I could see just how much better it is when compared to my ST1300.

I didn't like the R1200RT as it was far too rattly after the silky V4 of the Pan Europeans, but the Trophy is a superb balance between the two. Like atuti, every time I ride the bike it puts a big smile on my face and I get off it at the end of the ride thinking it was definitely worth the money.

Enjoy!  :001:

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Guantalamera

• Trophy Junior
  • Let's try !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »
Hi Blue Pilot,
Good description of R1200RT as a too rattly and the Pan European as silky. You are right, the Trophy is just the right balance between the two.

Enjoy it !!!

Offline Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sym GTS 300i Evo
  • City / Town: Rotherham
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
 :400:
Buenos notches se˝or,
Just returned from your neck of the woods, Puerto de Mazarron, was there 6 months. There are some lovely rides around there.
Take care
Dave