Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 1st Ride Report  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Norms23

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: DONAGHADEE
1st Ride Report
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:56:32 pm »
Took a run up to the North West 200 on Saturday. Mrs Fluffytail on pillion, and 30mph gusting side winds! luvly.
The Trophy handled it all well, the only thing I found to be a bit unusual was the feeling it was on it's tip toes... The only bike I can compare it with is my BMW RT and they are very different indeed. The Trophy is a good bit quicker but it will take a bit of getting used to this tip toes feeling.
I have seen many posts on here about tyre pressures being very high and 42 when cold can get upto 45 when in use. This would probably contribute to the tip toes feeling.
Other than that the bike is amazing, loads of power and low down too, heaps of weather protection too the fairing is more than ample.
Oh and I suppose I should add Mrs Fluffyttail was impressed with the comfort and the heated seat!  :001:
All in all a great buy for me and I do consider it an upgrade from the BMW albeit an 8 year difference.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE Sold bought a 2017 BMW R1200GS TE
2015 Triumph Tiger 800XC
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
Re: 1st Ride Report
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:11:15 pm »
Know what you mean about tiptoes especially when compared with st1100 pan and maybe rt. Does have a higher cof g which contributes to this feeling but triumph have pulled off a bike that is tippy and agile yet also stable. In side winds and passing vehicles it does very well way better than st1300. Takes a  bit of getting used to but the agility of the trophy is in the end one of it's really strong points imo
 :821:

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 01:20:52 am »
My ST1100 feels like a truck steering wise after the Trophy. It is amazing that the Trophy can be agile yet so stable in all conditions.

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 01:35:46 pm »
Agile handling and stability are in conflict with one another so the designer must strike a balance between them. I think Triumph hit the sweet spot!  :028:
Serial BMW rider

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 04:47:06 am »
*Originally Posted by Norms23 [+]

I have seen many posts on here about tyre pressures being very high and 42 when cold can get upto 45 when in use.
Come visit Texas in the summer and you will see that 42 climb to 50!
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST