Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Do Hugger help keep the undercarriage cleaner? Please let me know  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
I was flabbergasted when I went to clean my bike after a couple of weeks of commuting...some in rain.

Without a doubt, the dirtiest bike I ever had. That rear fender is not doing the work. I should have been extended to cover in front of the rear shock.

My muffler and bags were caked with grime. I have always used the Honda cleaner and dry-clean my bikes. This TT, I almost hosed it down because it was ridiculous to dry-clean...Man! I can't deal with that!

I need a solution to this problem

Moreover, my bikes are always dirty from too much riding and not enough time to clean, plus I am not a 'cute bike' type. I just want the thing working well and practical...don't care what it looks like. So, at this rate, its conceivable that I will have to sand-blast the dirt off of it next time.

Are those huggers any help? I already have a big mudflap. It seems like all it does is keep the dirt from flying up on the top of the rack
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Do Hugger help keep the undercarriage cleaner? Please let me know
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »
I fitted a hugger but it hasn't rained much on my commute since then so I cannot tell. That said it has to be an improvement on the existing system.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:23:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trumpeter [+]
I was flabbergasted when I went to clean my bike after a couple of weeks of commuting...some in rain.

Without a doubt, the dirtiest bike I ever had. That rear fender is not doing the work. I should have been extended to cover in front of the rear shock.

My muffler and bags were caked with grime. I have always used the Honda cleaner and dry-clean my bikes. This TT, I almost hosed it down because it was ridiculous to dry-clean...Man! I can't deal with that!

I need a solution to this problem

Moreover, my bikes are always dirty from too much riding and not enough time to clean, plus I am not a 'cute bike' type. I just want the thing working well and practical...don't care what it looks like. So, at this rate, its conceivable that I will have to sand-blast the dirt off of it next time.

Are those huggers any help? I already have a big mudflap. It seems like all it does is keep the dirt from flying up on the top of the rack

There is no complete solution, a hugger does help to keep the rear shock cleaner.

Any modern bike like the Sprint ST/GT, Trophy, BMW RT etc will get muck on the side of the panniers  facing wheel (they act as protection for the pillion) and on the rear end. Just hose the grit off the affected parts and wash!!!!! Or if you haven't got the time get somebody else to do it.

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012Trophy SE Launch
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 07:34:13 AM »
Good Morning. I fitted a hugger from a few days after I got the bike. A huge improvement. Hugger does keep most of the muck off but not yet had panniers on to see if it keeps it off the panniers and the swinging mechanism. I may fit a rubber flap like the Honda VFR has to keep the bottom of the shocker totally clean.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
Where did you get your higher from?

Is it the PowerBronze one?

It seems a fairly ugly bit of kit? Do you have any good pictures of it?
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
Where did you get your higher from?

Is it the PowerBronze one?

It seems a fairly ugly bit of kit? Do you have any good pictures of it?

I think everyone on here who has a hugger has bought the Powerbronze. There is a thread with photos on here somewhere.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline NeXTer

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE(L) 13
  • City / Town: Link÷ping
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
I've looked around a fair bit, and from what I can tell Powerbronze is the only company currently making huggers for the Trophy.

And yes, they're certainly not pretty, but at least they seem to function better than they look...

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 05:04:43 PM »
Yeah.... I have only been able to find the PowerBronze one too.... just hoping someone had launched one that was a little more aesthetically pleasing! LOL :008:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧