Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Unacceptable "service" delays from my Central NJ dealer  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
Unacceptable "service" delays from my Central NJ dealer
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:03:57 am »
Readers Digest background: Dropped TT on ice Mar28th, 95% cosmetic + peg and foot brake. Rode bike to my Central NJ Dealer where I purchased the TT for estimate, Insurance settled Apr16th, dealer didn't order parts until Apr28th  :087: , all parts received by May12th (maybe sooner), work just beginning May21st  :087: , as of now I'm told it will be ready by May28th.  :157: By my count that's 6 weeks from agreed repair and still counting!
I find those delays unacceptable for a premium motorcycle!  :192:

The Service Writer (B) appears to be over his head  :191:. 1st the Ins Adjuster (A) called me with the settlement price so I called B to order parts but B said it was totaled! I called A back who called B to re-tell him to fix the bike! 2 weeks later B orders the parts! Parts came in and still no work done. I called B yesterday and he told me ETA tomorrow (Fri). Today A called me with status and says ETA next Fri.! I called B and all he can say is, "Doing the best we can" & "We're working on it"! I then called my salesman to escalate the repair and left a rant message. The Sales Mgr called me back and attempted to play a calendar game of why I shouldn't be upset because if subtract weekend days, from calendar days, it hasn't been that long!!! Holy sh_t! Total fail! Still hoping to get the bike back correctly assembled but I'm doubtful as of this writing!

I really like the TT but it's likely my last Triumph and this dealer will certainly never see me again.
Ray

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
Re: Unacceptable "service" delays from my Central NJ dealer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 04:09:13 am »
Do you care to name the dealer? I am central Jersey as well, and have choices.
I don't think you should blow off Triumph because of a bad dealer. Blow off the dealer!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:11:06 am by nert »

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:59:56 am »
They still have my bike  :164:
Update: The Service Mgr called me since my posting to explain it's MY fault I don't have my bike because I'M the one who crashed it. They refuse to accept the weeks of delays as their's, don't offer loaners or rentals, and reminded me that I could take the bike elsewhere ($6k already paid up front for parts and bike fully stripped). But wait! I must be the odd 1% because the Service Mgr says they have a 99% satisfaction rating. Based on feedback from the 100+ riders in my group, I'd estimate that this dealer earns 2 stars (1 star for local, 1 for pretty sales girl). Most learned early on and sought other sources. What I'm most annoyed with now is that I pointed 2 TT sales to this dealer and I feel I may have let my friends down. This time next month I may be a new member of a different brand bike. The saga continues...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:12:18 am by Ray_B »
Ray

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 06:22:19 am »
As has been said..... don't give up on the brand because of the shoddy support from a dealer.... name and shame the dealership and report them to Triumph North America.

Saying that 'the delay is YOUR fault because YOU dropped it is a feeble minded attempt to obscure the fact that they cannot schedule their jobs correctly!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 08:03:40 am »
Ditto !

We have seen other examples of US Dealerships letting the brand down,
and from what I've seen Triumph WNGT TO KNOW about such Dealers,
so they can take action to put things right.

Write to Triumph Head Office and complain, in an honest factual way, without ( too much ) ranting !

If you explain that you have previously been responsible for eliciting 2 other Trophy sales,
but have now lost a certain amount of confidence in the brand, and would like to know
what Triumph can propose to restore your faith in the Brand, you may get a favourable response.

You know the Triumph Trophy is a fantastic motorcycle, so move to another Dealer , not another bike !   :169:

Cheers  :821:

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 02:18:45 pm »
I woke up this morning to a voice message from the Service Writer (B). It appears that by me complaining on this forum about poor service, the dealer has "found additional damage" and more parts must be ordered! To recap, bike was stripped to the bone and supposedly "being worked on by our "most experienced" technician" Funny how this discovery comes after my conversation with the Service Mgr last night who told me ALL the parts are here and bike will be ready by next Thurs. I sent an email to Triumph North America (sans rants) just now. Let's see if Triumph is serious about customer satisfaction.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:43:27 pm by Ray_B »
Ray

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 04:31:00 pm »
Good move contacting Triumph.  :028:  Good dealers take seriously their ratings with the manufacturer.  In any case I think its time to find a new dealer.  Get that bike back and never cross their threshold again.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 06:30:15 pm »
And this special dealer is?