Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated seat Question this time !!  (Read 5628 times)

Offline adventure boy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Essex
Heated seat Question this time !!
« on: May 22, 2015, 07:14:40 pm »
Heated rider seat arrived today got home and fitted it and it all works Ok but theres no notification on the dash like on the heated grips does this have to be programmed into the bike or should it have just worked when lugged in ??
thanks guys
Rob

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Heated seat Question this time !!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:22:45 pm »
I'm prettty sure the Instrument Panel symbols have to be activated by the Dealer,
even though there is nothing in the Fitting instructions to say so !

Note that the grips and icon both only work with the engine running.
Just having the ignition on will not do it !

The icon has two "bars" under the Heated Seat symbol : one bar for "Low" and two bars for "High".

It's also worth pointing out, that a few seconds after switching OFF the Heated Seats,
the symbols are completely removed from the Instrument Panel Display !

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:08:54 am by Coconut »

Offline rwright13

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Oklahoma
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:29:46 pm »
Could be mistaken but I don't think they are plug and play.  My dealer had to set a software switch to activate both the heated grips and seat.

Offline Diggersdad

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ilkley
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:26:19 pm »
No, they are not "plug and play".
I had the heated grips fitted when I bought the bike. The dealer had fogotten to activate the grips so I had to go back and get them "switched on". On the way back home I found I had heated grips but no control of the rear suspension mode. Back to the dealer to switch that back on. Evidently when they edit the functions they have to "re-tick the boxes" for all the bike functions you have.
So the message is, after the dealer adds something, check that you still have all the functions the bike came in with before you leave.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 01:25:07 am »
*Originally Posted by rwright13 [+]
Could be mistaken but I don't think they are plug and play.  My dealer had to set a software switch to activate both the heated grips and seat.
It's more like "plug and pray!"

I have heard of them working when first  plugged in, but in my case, as well as most cases, it has to be activated at the dealer.

I don't know why they are not all activated at the factory. It hurts nothing to have them all  activated and not have the heated equipment.

Then all would show up but only when the stuff is added and turned on.

Perhaps the later models are the ones that are already activated, but I am not sure.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »
My heated low-rider seat was plug-and-play.  Icon showed up on the display right away.  Can't say what is different about my bike, tho. 2014, SE, Blue, awesome.  Same as just about everyone else's.
Twisted Trophies Charter Member

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 07:56:00 pm »
*Originally Posted by mmlanes [+]
My heated low-rider seat was plug-and-play.  Icon showed up on the display right away.  Can't say what is different about my bike, tho. 2014, SE, Blue, awesome.  Same as just about everyone else's.
Perhaps the factory started to active them sometime  in 2014.

There is no reason why this should have to be done by the dealer. The icons   should be activated at the factory, but perhaps none were before sometime in  2014. Not having the heated items yet  is no reason for the icons  not be activated and ready.

So it really is "plug and pray".   If the prayer doesn't work--then a trip to the dealer is necessary--as it was in my case with my 2013.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Iain

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stornoway
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 07:28:33 am »
I had this problem. The Heated pillion seat worked ok but the icon didn't appear on the dash. Turns out I'd incorrectly connected the wiring.Check your wiring and try again.
Honda VFR 2002
Sprint ST 2007
Sprint ST 2009
Sprint GT 2011
Trophy SE 2013

tweedy-bunch