Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Service interval icon in dash display?  (Read 8131 times)

Offline triumphtrophyrider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 & 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Wisconsin
Service interval icon in dash display?
« on: May 25, 2015, 01:38:55 pm »
Does a service interval icon or message pop up on the display at a defined mileage?  I've got over 2000 miles on my bike and have never seen anything related to servicing the bike come up.

Offline rwright13

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Oklahoma
Re: Service interval icon in dash display?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 02:03:24 pm »
I haven't noticed one  :027:, but as you scroll through the display one of the items is miles to next service.
Mine shows a negative number cause the dealer forgot to reset when they did the 500 mile service.  :138:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 04:25:39 pm »
Owners Handbook : Page 36  :028:

Offline rwright13

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Oklahoma
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 06:09:13 pm »
I was just reading some other forums about this.  Apparently the service mileage point has to be set by the dealer, easy to do with the right software.  Or if you have the Dealertool software and a laptop you can do it yourself.  An icon of a spanner will be present (see Coconut's post above) when service is due in less than 500 miles.  Since you're not seeing this I would presume the dealer reset the mileage counter at the 500 mile service point to some future mileage, most likely 10,000.
They'd probably check it for free if you're really curious.
Regards,
Richard

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 08:39:38 pm »
I've never seen this message in my display.  I did my own 500 mile service and it never was to the dealer before that.  I have a 2013 Street Triple R that actually displays a wrench in the display indicating the need for service.  I needed to reset it to clear it which I did.  Never seen anything like it on the Trophy.  I noticed that page in the owner's manual which is what triggered my question on why I have never seen that display.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 08:59:08 pm »
Mine shows up for just a few seconds when the key is turned on. It has pegged out at -9999 because my bike has never been back to the dealer. Apparently -9999 is the max it will show because I now have a bit over 21,000 on the bike.

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:03:10 pm »
It's interesting that my Trophy does not show this message in the display on startup.  Must be another one of those Triumph electronic glitches.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 11:29:02 pm »
The indicator can be set to any interval or turned off for that matter.  If you have DealerTool it is a very easy operation.  I don't know if a dealer would be willing to turn it off or even vary it from the recommended settings.  Potential liability of the bike fails due to improper maintenance.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch