Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Best Place To Get Your Seat Re-Padded or Re-worked  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Original Scourge

• Trophy Member
  • My first and middle name is Bruce Wayne. Yep!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Best Place To Get Your Seat Re-Padded or Re-worked
« on: May 30, 2015, 02:42:15 am »
Have you ever taken your stock seat or saddle to a professional seat reconditioning shop?  I have and I firmly believe that it is the only way you will ever find true comfort atop your two-wheeled true love.  I have played the "find a better aftermarket seat" game through the years and am astounded at the amount of money I've spent in that pursuit.  I also own a Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider.  Now, the stock Harley seat fits me like a glove.  However,the padding in that seat is about as thick as a paper plate and almost as durable.  After spending (grumble grumble) dollars on the aforementioned aftermarket seats, I read in another forum that many people were having great success getting their original stock seats re-padded in various small business shops around the country.  I researched the issue and decided to give a little leather shop in a small town in Indiana a shot at curing my bruised and battered bum.  For a mere $150, I achieved comfort nirvana.

The particular shop that I chose is called "Astech Seats."    I decided to ride the 130 miles north to their shop to have it reworked while I waited for a few hours.  It was a nice ride and saved me shipping costs. They are miracle workers.  That seat didn't look a bit different,but the difference in comfort seemed impossible.  I believe I'll ride there this summer and have this low Trophy seat modified as well since I plan to spend many many hours on it when I retire next year.

Here's a link to their site: http://www.astechseat.com/seat-modifications/

Have you had a similar experience and, if so, where did you get your work done?

Oh yeah, while I was there, I rode a couple of miles up the road and gave my respects to this guy; probably the most famous Trophy owner of all.  Later fellas!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:45:52 am by Original Scourge »
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
2004 Harley-Davidson Low Rider
Past Bikes  -  1980 Honda Cb750c & a 1970 BSA Lightning.      I'm a lucky man!

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Best Place To Get Your Seat Re-Padded or Re-worked
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 04:28:29 am »
I have had luck with Spencer Seats in Florida: wwwgreatdaytoride.com    He'll mod your seat for as little a $50 ( you pay shipping both ways ) and he worked miracles with an ST1300 seat I had him do.   I just sent a standard height comfort seat to him to lower 1", flatten out, and add Supracor foam too.   I should have it back the 1st week of June and will post results after I've broken it in a bit...

1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...