Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena 20s help  (Read 2133 times)

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
Sena 20s help
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:04:08 pm »
Hey all

Any help still struggling with this Bluetooth system.

Any nuggets of information on just the basics not bothered about phone or radio but if you have any thoughts on these good.
What iam looking for is just to speak to my wife on the intercom.  :148:
trophy4me (Andy)

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Sena 20s help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 08:29:59 pm »
Sena has an SMH5 basic unit, but it has no provision for earbuds if that is important to you.  Others like Interphone I think, and maybe even U-Clear have a basic unit without a lot of bells and whistles and there are others I can't remember the brands on that promote themselves as a motorcycle intercom.  Do an internet search for bluetooth motorcycle intercom and you'll get more than you ever wanted to know.  Even the Sena basic model still has an FM receiver built into it as well.  Don't know about the others.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Bobbya

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 09:33:20 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophy4me [+]
Hey all

Any help still struggling with this Bluetooth system.

Any nuggets of information on just the basics not bothered about phone or radio but if you have any thoughts on these good.
What iam looking for is just to speak to my wife on the intercom.  :148:
page 14,just had a look on the download able user manual,looks simple,but then again it usually does,that is until it needs to be done,all the best with it,cheers Bob.
I am innocent☺!!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 12:06:49 am »
Did you buy 2 Sena 20S' that were already paired, or did you buy them separately?  If you bought them as a paired set then all you need to do to activate an intercom conversation is one or the other of you press the "jog" dial once and it will connect both units.  To disconnect just press the "jog dial once and it will disconnect.  I think the intercom function works the same on all Sena's that I have heard comments about from users.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 12:26:54 am »
Download the Sena management application for your computer. You can set everything on both units via this as well as perform any software updates. Every setting is explained. Recommended!
Serial BMW rider