Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another newbie  (Read 4648 times)

Offline littleade

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: worcestershire
Another newbie
« on: June 02, 2015, 04:38:29 pm »
Hello all,

I've just joined after recently doing a trailquest course in Malvern as a day out as I've not got a bike at the moment but I'm looking to get one next year. Currently the short list consists of 2.... a TEX or a Trophy so I'm looking to gather opinions from current owners on the strengths of both and what type of riding they are best at before I test ride them before making my choice.

safe riding

Ade :821:

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »
 :400: littleade and  :821:.

I do not know what a TEX is but I for one love my Trophy, take a test ride which seams to hook most new riders.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 05:46:12 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :400:  I assume by TEX you mean Triumph Explorer?  The topic of Explorer vs Trophy has be discussed a couple of times and you may find your answers more quickly by using the search function rather than waiting for people to answer your post.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline littleade

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 07:28:14 pm »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Welcome to the Forum :400:  I assume by TEX you mean Triumph Explorer?  The topic of Explorer vs Trophy has be discussed a couple of times and you may find your answers more quickly by using the search function rather than waiting for people to answer your post.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll do a search as you suggest. I know the test ride will be a key part of the process, but the opinions of those who've lived with both would be very useful to newbies like myself. :821:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »
It will all depend on what you want to do wiith the bike, so once you have decided on that,
Test Ride them both and compare how they perform for what you want to do,
and then make your decision ....... to buy a Trophy !  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Offline littleade

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 09:02:31 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
It will all depend on what you want to do wiith the bike, so once you have decided on that,
Test Ride them both and compare how they perform for what you want to do,
and then make your decision ....... to buy a Trophy !  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Not that you're biased of course  :745:

Well to some extent it will depend on SWMBO. She's not been on the back for a few years si I got to ride my Blade and then my R1150R beemer solo. I would like her to ride pillion again and do some touring when I do get one so to some extent ot will depend on her. Riding wise I used to use the others purely for pleasure rides but both the TEX and the Trophy have their attractions. I quite liked the GS despite its quirky character but its a bit too tall for me with a 29" inside leg and when I last tested an RT I found it uninvolving to ride with no feel from the front end, which is where the 2 Triumphs come in.  :152:

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 09:10:56 pm »
welcome aboard  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 10:10:12 pm »
 Hello and welcome aboard!  :400:

This is certainly the place to get information to help you make your decision.

As Coconut says it very much depends what you want to do with the bike... The Trophy has better weather protection and equipment levels and more comfortable for longer cruises. The TEX more rugged if you intend to take some rougher roads.

As you say you are very interested in getting SWMBO back on board you will find that all the pillions in here and those who regularly take them report excellent pillion feedback for comfort and long rides!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch