Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sorry Guys !!  (Read 4276 times)

Offline adventure boy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Essex
Sorry Guys !!
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:17:15 am »
Sorry guys but after 3 weeks the Trophy is just not for me and Im returning to an adventure style bike, nothing at all wrong with the bike but its just not me, Ive bought a new Multistrada and the triumph is being traded in

I do have some bits that ive removed from the bike that I will sell

Brand new SS Remus Hexacone Exhaust done 150 miles Cost 10 days ago £455.00 sell for £300.00 delivered this was a great improvement over the STD unit saving about 8Kg and giving the bike about 7BHP more lovely sound without being offensive and well within the keeping of the bike,
R+G Rad guard fitted for 2 days Cost £65.00 Sell for £40 Delivered
Brand new Heated front seat complete with wiring harness for both seats and both front and rear switches £150 Delivered

Please PM me if interested in any of the bits or give me a ring or TXT on 07984 223 nine six five
Thanks for all the advice and help over the last few weeks this is such a friendly site
Rob 

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Sorry Guys !!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:25:18 am »
Hi adventure boty,

Sorry to see you go  :161:

You will become a Member of a VERY small club of riders that found the Trophy was not for them,
but good on you for trying it, and then sharing this with us  :028:

Take care - whatever you ride.

Cheers  :821:

Offline adventure boy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:22 am »
Cheers Mate and thanks for your wealth of knowledge on here it has made for some interesting reading, I've always had sport or adventure bikes last one KTM 1190 Adv R I think the sophistication and refindness if that's a word is too much for my hooligan mind to come to grips with

For ride, comfort, toys (Especially the Stereo) the trophy is a top bike the handling is fantastic but I still want silly speed and wheelies LOL  :047: :008:

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:53:26 am »
The Multistrada is a great bike, two friends of mine ride one and must confess cannot manage to keep up with them when we go for "spirited" riding in the Alps!
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:31 am »
Did you not test ride the Trophy before you bought it? It must have been a very expensive mistake

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 12:38:59 pm »
Nothing to apologise for.... goodbye and good luck...

I have to agree with Malcolm... a very expensive experiment unless you got an exceptionally good deal
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 01:46:39 pm »
Good luck mate, enjoy the ride as they say.

Offline captsprocket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lake Worth, FL
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 01:47:05 pm »
Sorry to hear it is not the bike for you.  Like Malcolm and Cropbike said, I hope it wasn't an expensive test.  I don't know if it is different here in the states, but my dealer did not/would not have a Trophy prepared for a test ride prior to purchase.  Something about the charging of the battery being specific to that bike and they don't want them to drain sitting in the showroom.  Could be wrong, but that is what I seem to recall.

I did make sure the dealer was aware that, without a test ride, I reserved the right to cancel after the deal was completed and the bike was prepped if by chance I didn't like the ride.  They agreed.

However, for me, that wasn't the case as I was hooked from the first shift!

Good luck AB, and happy trails!  Be safe on whatever you ride!