Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph trophy  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Dave Croxford

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 1200
  • City / Town: Ruislip
Triumph trophy
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »
Had my trophy now about 5 months ,been using a Honda Pan 1300 for 8 years great bike ,is it worth £13000 yes it is it does look a lot bigger than a Pan but once on the move great ,you do have to be carefull with full tank of fuel on full lock ,Nealy had me off on stalling engine
The only issue i have had is getting it on the centre stand ..so shorting the stand by 3/4 " goes on stand much better mind you at 73yrs 30" inside leg could be the problem
My bike is a standard model took it to France for a test ride with my wife on board.good on fuel don't use a top box .i set my bike up in sports mode bit hard but steers great but not as good as my John Player Norton!!!hmmmmm
I am of to Italy middle of may for a tour for about 4weeks so will add a comment when i get back
Dave Croxford

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
Re: Triumph trophy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:56:17 AM »
Dave,
Here is my trick for putting the TT on the center stand: I leave a 1x piece of board on the floor in my garage where I park my bike daily. I let the rear tire run over the board, then the rear is higher and much easier to put on the center stand....give it a try
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline Dave Croxford

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 1200
  • City / Town: Ruislip
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
Yes that makes sense ,should have thought of that ,but i also reground the heel of the stand it rolls off and on better .i properly should have not steamed in straight away i nearly dropped it many Thanks
Dave

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:14:44 PM »
I have only tried it once so far but by standing on the arm of the centre stand I found it no too bad rolling onto the stand.  It was a bit interesting; for example the sprint when you put any weight on the stand the bike feels stable and you can move your hands to the pull the bike up onto the stand.  I found the Trophy did not feel that stable with just weight on the stand and was much more worried letting go to move my hands.  Although as I said apart from that it went on nearly on its own with just weigth on the arm of the stand.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
I have only tried it once so far but by standing on the arm of the centre stand I found it no too bad rolling onto the stand.  It was a bit interesting; for example the sprint when you put any weight on the stand the bike feels stable and you can move your hands to the pull the bike up onto the stand.  I found the Trophy did not feel that stable with just weight on the stand and was much more worried letting go to move my hands.  Although as I said apart from that it went on nearly on its own with just weigth on the arm of the stand.

One of the reports on the Trophy by one of the Bike mags did say the feet of the centre stand were narrow. I have had no problem getting the bike on its stand. I make sure the front wheel is straight, gently rock the bike until I can feel the two legs on the ground, stand on the centre stand arm, stand on it whilst gently pulling using one hand on the bars and the other on the rear grab rail. I find it gently rolls up and onto the stand.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »
The best way that I've found is turn the steering on right hand lock,this lightens the effort required to put the bike up straight while standing on the centre stand. Then I use my knee to assist pushing the bike up right whilst pushing down on the stand.Left hand on the bars & right hand in the grip area by the left hand side panel.
Then all in one movement push down on the stand while lifting with the right hand and pushing with the knee. When you feel the bike is level on the feet, pull the steering straight  and let it roll back "EASY"  :028:
Getting it off is an all other ball game :157:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »
I agree Chaos. Getting the bike of fthe stand is more difficult. Especially if you are on a slight incline.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x Trophies (80k+)
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
I tend to do the same getting it off the stand as getting it on. Stand on the footplate and rock it forward.
Quite a smooth operation, but agree about slopes etc.
Having had the thing roll off its side stand once, I find myself using the centre stand a lot more... :114: