Over heating by AladdinPE
[Today at 11:32:54 am]

More fun in the sun here in Iowa by iowabikerider
[Today at 10:01:06 am]

2015 trophy se keeps blowing tse fuse by Hopper
[Today at 08:21:21 am]

Onen Hag Oll by Coconut
[Today at 08:02:48 am]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: MODS  (Read 12363 times)

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
MODS
« on: June 04, 2015, 12:50:01 pm »
Well as of yesterday,,  I have done the poor man's handlebar riser, Soupy's performance adjustable suspension link,  lowered the front end ( raised the forks), adjustable side stand, factory tail trunk,   Have not got the nerve up to install the heated grips yet,, :005:,,,Trailer hitch is still on back order, looking for a spare rim to mount my car tire on
Handling feels close to stock once I adjusted the front forks,, but really feel better about the ride height now, and the riser adjustment clears the view in the mirrors a little bit,  probably will still swap the handle bar mirrors over from the CTX before this weekend ride
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: MODS
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 11:12:10 pm »
My first mod and one of the best was handlebar mirrors. They are visible in this photo. The heated grips are about a 45 minute job. I ordered the grips as individual parts and saved about $150 over buying as a kit. There is a thread on here somewhere about that little Triumph snafu.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:33:34 pm »
Navy Dad, I thought your last ride was East into WV, VA, TN?  Badlands?  Looks like you made a really wrong turn :008:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 12:59:45 am »
Badlands was last September. Key West and over to the Ozarks was in October. Loops into W.V., Tenn., Va. and Ky. are pretty common rides around here. I am 50 miles from Ky. and 90 from W.V. so I regularly enjoy those roads. I was fortunate enough to retire at age 56 and I am gonna ride every chance I get. Hi, my name is Mike and I'm an addict. What more can I say  :183:

Another decent pic of the mirrors.

Offline Older traveler

• Trophy Member
  • USE IT !!!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bridgeton NJ
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 01:16:18 am »
Hi Mike  :008:

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 04:11:11 am »
*Originally Posted by NavyDad [+]
Badlands was last September. Key West and over to the Ozarks was in October. Loops into W.V., Tenn., Va. and Ky. are pretty common rides around here. I am 50 miles from Ky. and 90 from W.V. so I regularly enjoy those roads. I was fortunate enough to retire at age 56 and I am gonna ride every chance I get. Hi, my name is Mike and I'm an addict. What more can I say  :183:

Another decent pic of the mirrors.
Would you mind posting a POV picture (or two? :002:) -- I mean sitting on the bike?  Also a close-up of the connection would be really nice. A before-and-after installing them will get you a couple free pints next time I'm in Chillicothe (an annual possibility -- those SE OH & WV roads are a'callin bout this time o year!).   :821:

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 02:22:10 pm »
here are a couple of photos of the mirrors that I chose. I don't think I have a before photo, but if you have a Trophy you already have a before view. Installation is pretty straight forward. Find the style of mirror you like, remove the plastic plugs from the mounts that are already on the bike, thread in your new mirrors and adjust to your liking. All of a ten minute job. Make sure the mirrors you buy are NOT compatible with Yamaha because one of them may be a left hand thread and will not work.

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 05:09:35 pm »
I really don't understand this the mirrors on this bike are the best I have had in 40 years of riding. No vibration and I can actually see what's behind me usually there is a blind spot that can hide a car. Have you tried adjusting the standard mirrors  :187: 

tweedy-bunch