Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Met a Member at Performance Triumph, Cheltenham today..  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
Met a Member at Performance Triumph, Cheltenham today..
« on: June 08, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »
But I can't for the life of me remember his name.....
Lunar Silver 2013 TTSE with a Private Plate and something about a Guardian Angel across the bottom.
Was it you ?
Anyway, it was nice to chat - sorry I'm so forgetful when it comes to names
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline takingiteasy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Re: Met a Member at Performance Triumph, Cheltenham today..
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 07:02:06 pm »
Hello, yes it was me and it was good to chat with you. Nothing better than a warm bright day chatting about our bikes. Peter

Offline Wscad

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 10:06:17 pm »
I lived & worked in Cheltenham for a year or so, many years ago. Played for Cheltenham North & worked at the coal research place out at Stoke Orchard.

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:05:00 am »
Thanks Peter....takingiteasy.... (love it !) for replying. That's the thing with Forum Names, they're not too helpful at times for tracking somebody down but, as always, I respect your right to privacy.

Yesterday was my birthday and I took (was given) the opportunity to ride my favourite bike, on some of my favourite roads to a much favoured destination where I received a birthday gift (free T Shirt) from my Dealer .... I must be doing something right.

OK, so the bike was my MkI Trophy (Tracey) and she needed a good run-out. My MkII (Sharon) will get her turn later in the week. The MkIII (Sophie) had been on duty on Saturday at our RoSPA Skillshare session.
I love all my Trophies - choosing a favourite would be difficult as they are all great fun to ride.
The TTSE is certainly the most capable bike I have ever owned (only 5 months together) and surprising easy to ride and handle.

As a former BMW Owner it was nice to hear in person the positive comments about your TTSE and the Service your recieve from our Dealer (Performance Triumph, Cheltenham).

My own BMW experience is so long ago now (R65 '85 to '87) it barely rates a mention. I have ridden some of the more modern BMs when I flirted with the idea of riding with our local Blood Bike Group (SevernFreewheelers) and I have plenty of friends in our local RoSPA Group who own them and swear by them - sometimes quite often too.

Wscad - I remember the Coal research place at Stoke Orchard - I often passed through S.O. on my cycling training rides on winter evenings from my place of work at Smiths Aerospace, Bishops Cleeve.

All that is long behind me now, because like Peter, I'm taking it easy..

Thanks Guys
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline Nudger

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 2013
  • City / Town: Dartford. Kent
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 08:47:11 pm »
Gordon,

When you bumped into Peter at the dealership, I bet he didn't offer to buy you a drink!

I'm saying no more.    :745:

tweedy-bunch