Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Test Ride  (Read 9373 times)

Offline Pickaxe

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Droitwich Spa
Test Ride
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:18:33 pm »
The TTSE test ride is booked for Saturday at Performance Triumph, Cheltenham. They seemed a bit surprised that I asked for more than an hour?? Probably take longer than that to understand the switch gear  :001:

I'm still undecided whether I really want the SE version, as there's still one or two standard models left. I've no issue with the electronic suspension as I had an BMW RT (sorry), with a similar setup, however, I'm really don't  want a radio. I can't find any threads comparing the virtues of the two models, but if someone could point out the pros and cons please, I'd be grateful.

And finally, I haven't ruled out a Sprint GT SE if the Trophy seems a bit OTT for my needs.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Test Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:36:23 pm »
I'm sure you will get a number of replies with "bring your checkbook".  Seems to be a common response.  As for me...I ordered mine after one look at the Triumph introductory video.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »
I'll be the first then "don't forget your check book"  :046: Enjoy the test. I have the standard as I did not want the radio or electronic suspension and that is the only difference between the models.
It wasn't me !!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:03:19 pm »
Well Pickaxe.... if you don't need the radio then I would probably suggest saving the money and going for the non SE version and then use the extra cash to buy some goodies

I know at least one person in here who bought the SE and removed the audio unit to free up some extra storage but that is a big job.

That said, the audio unit will give you more options for comms and entertainment while riding. Plus generally speaking it is considered that the SE versions will have better residuals when it comes to resale.

Enjoy the test ride and make your choice after that! (It won't be a tough choice! LOL)
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline littleade

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: worcestershire
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 08:07:59 pm »
Make a day of it and test ride the TEX too :152:

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 09:28:47 pm »
I picked the standard model as I didn't need the radio or the electronic suspension. The additional 5 litre storage under the seat is useful as the panniers are smaller than I had on my previous bike, a Honda pan European.

Offline Trophyman12

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »
Hi Pickaxe.
  First of all enjoy the ride. BUT BEWARE!!! You will end up buying one. I had a 2012 launch model. Long story. Since that ive had a GTR1400/PAN 1300 and at the moment and for sale is a BMWK1600. Reason for the sale is Ive just ordered another Trophy SE. I missed it that much. Id get the SE. You dont have to use all the toys on it but I bet you will start too eventually. They are good. Enjoy and keep us posted.
Previous Bikes YAMAHA FJR1300 SUZUKI TL1000R            APRILLIA RSV1000 MILLIE YAMAHA YZF R1 SUZUKI GSXR1000
SUZUKI SV650S and countless others.

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 10:09:14 am »
Pickaxe

The obvious has already been mentioned so that is a given. :745:

I at first was not bothered with radios etc. Most of my bikes didn't even have a fuel gauge. But I bought the Launch model reg 12 from the dealer. It had 3000miles on the clock and was an se model. But such a great deal less than a standard model.
Sat nav, radios, blue tooth headsets all new gizmos to me. but once used you do get used to it. :152:
The only thing I set the suspension to sport 1 up with luggage and have not changed it since. maybe I should play with it. But normal mode just doesn't agree with me. Comfort mode I may use it on motorways but forget to change it :008:
If you can get a good deal go for the se

seadog
seadog