Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dead bike  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Lesco

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SWINDON
Dead bike
« on: June 11, 2015, 12:53:43 pm »
I just wondered if I am on my own with this issue?

I have been riding my new bike since Friday (05/06/2015) everyday for a few hours, but went out there this morning to take her for a ride and the bike is absolutely dead, the alarm, the ignition, everything dead, you can even move the bike and alarm does not kick in it's that dead!!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before??
"MAY YOUR SHADOW NEVER GROW SHORT"

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Re: Dead bike
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 01:47:00 pm »
Lesco

There had been a few issues with dead batteries on the earlier bikes and mainly in the USA.

But to check the obvious. When you leave the bike do you tin the wheel lock on? there are 2 positions one position puts the steering lock on the 2nd position puts the lock on and the parking light. When I got mine I also turned it too far and couldn't figure why the light was coming on. Had to read the hand book :008:

It may be something as simple as that. There is some good information on this forum about this.
Do you attach a trickle charger when left over a period of time.

I have an optimal charger as I think a lot of members have. Once you get it going suggest taking to the dealer to check it over.

seadog
seadog

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:10:22 pm »
It's most probably because you've accidentally left the Ignition in the PARK position - which is one click past the LOCK position aniticlockwise..

Next would be the Battery FUSE which is under the RH Access panel very close to the Battery.

Read the Owners Handbook if you are unsure of these locations.

If you don't find the cause is a Blown Battery Fuse then call the Dealer you bought it from to come and pick it up and get it sorted for you..

Hope you get it sorted pretty quickly - the weather is too nice to be "Grounded"
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 04:41:32 pm »
Another ( even more ? ) obvious thing to check,
is that both Battery terminals -
( under the right hand cover below the throttle twist grip )
are TIGHT - If either has worked loose and there is no contact made to the battery,
you will get exactly the syptoms you describe !

Let us know how you get on  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 04:43:53 pm »
As to the alarm, you should be aware that the alarm is not standard on the Trophy, at least not in the USA.  Even though the alarm light flashes this does not mean your bike has an actual alarm.  That is a dealer installed option.  Most people, including myself originally, thought that just because the red light was flashing that there was an alarm present. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 04:46:18 pm »
Had a mate with  TTSE who had a similar problem. Turned out that the bolt on the +  side of battery was too long. The bottom of the bolt was hitting the battery case, before it would tighten the connection up. A washer fitted between the bolt head and connector solved the problem. :062:
It wasn't me !!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 06:53:28 pm »
I think all good sound advice and if you have a battery tester get it checked...even new batteries can have failed cells... and just because the bike is newly registered also doesn't tell you how old the battery really is.

Hope it is sorted... batteries certainly should not give you a problem I have left mine 3 weeks without riding and it started first turn...
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Lesco

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SWINDON
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 11:27:47 am »
Afternoon guys

thanks very much for all your replys and I am afraid you were all right, I parked up the bike with the parking lights on  :087: :745: :192:

What a numpty I am, although in my defence I had no idea about such luxuries as parking lights etc. etc., anyway sorted out now for the price of a brand new battery, the old one was drained so badly it would not take a charge anymore......
"MAY YOUR SHADOW NEVER GROW SHORT"