Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: And Another Newbie  (Read 4691 times)

Offline geoffyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 silver TrophySE
  • City / Town: Moreton, Wirral
And Another Newbie
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:24:44 am »
Hi folks

I must confess to regularly guesting on to your wonderful forum for sometime now, both before and after buying my 2013 Trophy. Your collective knowledge and first hand experience has been invaluable. So cheers and keep up the good work.

I was originally looking to trade my trusty Bandit in for a GS or T-Ex before focusing on an RT as a good choice for hopefully some future two up touring. Then after reading lots of reviews I noted the Trophy compared really well and I was very keen to finally own a British bike. Time to try one out. I scanned the ads and after several weeks an immaculate low mileage example, with all the extras, turned up at a good price. Needless to say I tried it and bought it............of course! The TTSE's powerful engine, surprising agility and great comfort (ok and all those gadgets) sold it to me. Per the forum perhaps I should have spent a bit more on a probably more sorted 2014 example, but touch wood after a few months and 600+ miles (I know..... I am not riding enough)everything is still working perfectly and the money saved has gone on some much needed new gear - can't look shabby on a Trophy!

Not unexpectedly I had to connect the Nav Audio Jack which even for me was easy thanks to your excellent guidance. I have also fitted a bigger foot on the side stand, the rear spray guard and the touring screen - my lower back didn't enjoy the lower seat position, but in the higher position with the taller screen I am one very happy bunny.

It would have been easy to let the problems some of the forums unluckier owners have encountered put me off the TTSE. But most of these appeared to be new model teething troubles, which seem to be getting rarer as the bike matures? And besides most members come across as being very happy with their bikes.

Hope I haven't rambled on too much, I just wanted to share my positive experience with any potential Trophy purchasers who are presently guesting on to your forum. After all my initial indecision I just know I finally made the right choice. This really is a very good bike, on which you can hustle in comfort, one of the best kept secrets in biking judging by how few you see out and about and yes (particularly after the Bandit) I love that exclusivity too!       

So happy biking everyone and enjoy the summer. 
Life isn't a dress rehearsal so enjoy it.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: And Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 10:41:23 am »
Hi geoffboy and a big  :400:  to the Club !

Glad "we" were able to influence your decision to join us   :028:

As you've already seen we're quite a friendly bunch and are usually able to help
with any particular problems, so if you can't find an answer after Searching for it,
( you often will as most issues are likely to have already been discussed to some degree ),
then just create a new Topic in an appropriate Section  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:38:26 pm »
Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum :400: Even though you may have been lurking for a while! :008:

Really pleased you gained insight from our ramblings and they helped you in your decision.

Enjoy your TTSE and get those miles up!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Original Scourge

• Trophy Member
  • My first and middle name is Bruce Wayne. Yep!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 01:58:08 pm »
I love your enthusiasm.  You, obviously, did make a great choice from a trusted name with a long history.  If we don't see many Trophies on the road, I blame Triumph for their reluctance to blow the trumpet (pun) and shout to the world, "HEY, LOOK AT THIS ONE!"  I guess it's up to us to spread the Trophy Gospel. 

Anyway, please accept a hearty welcome from a brother from the rebellious colonies!

Bruce
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
2004 Harley-Davidson Low Rider
Past Bikes  -  1980 Honda Cb750c & a 1970 BSA Lightning.      I'm a lucky man!

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 02:42:28 pm »
 :400: to the forum.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 03:16:26 pm »
welcome aboard  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline inditx

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tex and T100 Bonny
  • City / Town: KC Area
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 05:05:55 pm »
 :401:

inditx

Offline geoffyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 silver TrophySE
  • City / Town: Moreton, Wirral
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 07:45:17 pm »
Thanks fellas

I agree the bike needs more publicity. How about if several hundred - no make that a thousand members from all over the world get together to ride say route 66. Forget the logistics for a moment.
Imagine the sensory overload for owners like myself who have never seen two Trophies together. And the line of bikes on the road would be so long that even the doziest of riders we overtook or who passed us on the other side would realise we weren't on BMW's or Honda's etc and might actually contemplate that if so many people have bought one it must be a good. What a sight it would be......led by a swarm of faster silver ones, gleaming in the sunshine, followed by a sea of slightly slower blue models, interspersed with a smattering of "murdered" black ones.

Awsome!

Oh well I can dream can't I?   
Life isn't a dress rehearsal so enjoy it.

tweedy-bunch