Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES)  (Read 4276 times)

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE ABS
  • City / Town: Florida
Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES)
« on: June 17, 2015, 06:04:46 pm »
I am working on a description for my 2015 Trophy in preparation for listing it for sale.  I am taking a lot of the specifications from the Triumph web site.  I noticed they mention the Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES) however my owner's manual mentions it with the "if equipped" caveat.  I don't see anywhere in the bike setup to adjust it.  I plan to delete any remarks about the TES in my description to avoid advertising something this bike doesn't have.  Any thoughts on that?

Thanks

Data
Cushman Motor Scooter, Yamaha 60, Suzuki 380, BMW R1200RT, Honda ST1300, Honda Goldwing, and finally a Triumph Trophy!

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:19:15 pm »
If you have a Trophy SE and not a plain Trophy you have TES.

It's a good thing.  I never thought I would use it but I do.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 06:24:13 pm »
Atrophy,
The bike and the bill of sale both say SE but there doesn't seem to be a way to see it on the instruments.  Maybe I am doing something wrong????  Please see the attached picture.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:32:17 pm by DataDavid »
Cushman Motor Scooter, Yamaha 60, Suzuki 380, BMW R1200RT, Honda ST1300, Honda Goldwing, and finally a Triumph Trophy!

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 06:41:07 pm »
Well that is interesting. That is the place you would find the adjustment.
 Maybe it needs to be configured by the dealer like heated grips.   
If you look at the top of forks at the triple tree do you see an adjustment there or do you see a black cap and a wire running from it?  An SE will have the black cap and wire.

Did you buy this bike from a dealer or an individual?
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 06:53:21 pm »
I just found a couple posts on this forum.  The first one said:
Dealer said TES system has been "locked" at the factory. They said stop by and they can "unlock" the TES in a few minutes. I will see tomorrow.

The second one said:
Dealer hooked my bike to the computer and had my electronic suspension running within a few key strokes. Now my windshield is stuck in the highest position. He said he'd work on that Tuesday.

I called my dealer and he wasn't familiar with the problem but said to bring it in next week and they would look at it.  Only problem is I have doctor's appointments on Tuesday and Thursday in Tampa.  I made arrangements to bring it in next Friday. 

Thanks for the help!!

Data

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 09:11:20 pm »
All US Trophy SE have it.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 09:14:18 pm »
w8d4it,
That is what I have been hearing.  I am going to take it to a dealer and see what's up.  I am getting ready to sell the bike and glad I found this glitch before I sold it.  I would hate to sell something and then have the buyer find a problem with it.

I will post on here what the dealer says.

Cheers

Data

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES) Good News
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 09:57:58 pm »
I talked to the dealer who sold me the bike and he didn't seem real interested in helping me with the problem.  I called another dealer about 75 miles away (Ridenow Powersports of Ocala, FL) and the service department was very helpful.  He said bring it in and they would put it on the computer.  I showed up this morning at 8:30 AM (they didn't open until 9:00 AM).  They had it in the shop and looking at it before 9.  The tech showed me that the TES hadn't been enabled.  Unfortunately when he did enable it there was a error displayed.  His manual said to disconnect the battery and wait for 2 minutes.  That didn't work so they called Triumph and they said the rear shock was apparently stuck at the end of the adjustment range.  The tech said he would order the part (all under warranty of course) and have it in a week or so.  This was good news but it gets better. 

I went up front and asked to speak to the sales manager (Nate) and asked him if he was interested in buying it outright.  I explained why I was having to sell the bike.  He was very helpful and after a little negotiation we came to a fair price.  I left without the bike but with a check in hand.  All in all I am very satisfied with the service department and the sales department.

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum!!!

Data
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:14:02 pm by DataDavid »