Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: low voltage warning on screen  (Read 3915 times)

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
low voltage warning on screen
« on: June 20, 2015, 11:41:33 am »
Well folks I am 27,000miles on the baby and still getting the low voltage warning on the dash... Bike was service at 20,000.

Takin back this week for dealer to look at it again....  New battery again I did...

Anyone have any feedback please pass it on... My dealer is a jerk too.....

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: low voltage warning on screen
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 10:52:24 pm »
Have you had the Audio Software Update ?

This ( accordng to the reports from Members of this Forum )
is the Number 2 reason for Low Voltage Flat Battery issues.

This has been discussed extensively in variious Topics -

If you want more information on this just use the Search Button and search for "Audio Update"

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 10:57:57 pm »
As far as i know everything was last done at the 20,000 service but thanks i will bring it up this week went the dealer looks at it...

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE/14 K1600GT
  • City / Town: NEPA
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 02:19:27 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Have you had the Audio Software Update ?

This ( accordng to the reports from Members of this Forum )
is the Number 2 reason for Low Voltage Flat Battery issues.

Coconut, what is the number one reason if you don't mind me asking, cause I have had the update (May this year) due to dead battery.   Now I am getting the "low voltage" thing again.   First noticed it this past Saturday.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 02:29:26 pm »
I find if I turn the trophy on, let the TES settle and then put my gloves on etc then I often get low voltage and radio off but it starts just fine and the low voltage goes away and the radio comes back on.  I think it is probably not just where the limit is set but also perhpas where the voltage is measured.  The 955 tiger and the 1050 sprint use quite thin wires to the front and drop by a good half to 1 volt if measured at the front. 

If I do it wrong and press the starter as soon as I turn it on (after dials reset) then I do not get the low voltage but sometimes get TES failure message?

I think the number one reason (well one of the reasons especially outside US) is that the bolts on the battery are not always tight.  I see one member has said the bolts are too long so when 'tight' they do not trap the wire properly.

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE/14 K1600GT
  • City / Town: NEPA
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 02:40:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply john348 I have checked the battery connections but didn't know that was the number 1 reason.   I thought maybe it was another electronic issue.  Thanks again.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 02:41:53 pm »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
I find if I turn the trophy on, let the TES settle and then put my gloves on etc then I often get low voltage and radio off but it starts just fine and the low voltage goes away and the radio comes back on.  I think it is probably not just where the limit is set but also perhpas where the voltage is measured.  The 955 tiger and the 1050 sprint use quite thin wires to the front and drop by a good half to 1 volt if measured at the front. 

If I do it wrong and press the starter as soon as I turn it on (after dials reset) then I do not get the low voltage but sometimes get TES failure message?

I think the number one reason (well one of the reasons especially outside US) is that the bolts on the battery are not always tight.  I see one member has said the bolts are too long so when 'tight' they do not trap the wire properly.

I frequently get the low voltage message and it starts with no problem.  I did have a battery quit on me, but didn't get the low voltage message when that happened!

Sometimes I hit the starter button and it starts to turn over then stops.  It always starts the second time I push the button though.  First few times it happened it worried me, but now its just a quirk of the bike.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 10:19:48 pm »
*Originally Posted by Ernest T [+]
I frequently get the low voltage message and it starts with no problem.  I did have a battery quit on me, but didn't get the low voltage message when that happened!

Sometimes I hit the starter button and it starts to turn over then stops.  It always starts the second time I push the button though.  First few times it happened it worried me, but now its just a quirk of the bike.
+1
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch