Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated grip installation  (Read 3422 times)

Offline patches

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: PNW
Heated grip installation
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:42:28 AM »
Bike at dealer to install heated grips.  Apparently the bike harness is missing one of connectors to plug them into.  They are calling Triumph about it but thought I would post here and see if anyone else has run into this.

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Heated grip installation
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »
There is a special Triumph link cable which allows you to see the grip status on the screen, the grips will work without it though you just wont be able to tell what setting they are on unless you look at the rocker switch  :034:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline patches

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: PNW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 05:34:28 PM »
That part works.  When it was in getting the fork seals replaced the tech activated the on screen display.  So the little icon shows up.  We didn't yet have the grips themselves so he couldn't install them.  This connector seems to be associated with the actual wiring for the grips themselves.

Offline Fast Ed15

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Northport,NY
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
Had my seals done last week,I had all the heated bits on the bike and working before seal fix now no heated grips or seats work.

Offline louis-charles

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE bleu
  • City / Town: Charleroi
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »
I too small problem with the heated grip. Position 1 or 2  and always marked position 2 on the display. Infringe answer from Triumph
It is better to lose one minute of his life that to be killed in one minute...

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fast Ed15 [+]
Had my seals done last week,I had all the heated bits on the bike and working before seal fix now no heated grips or seats work.

Glad you got the seals done.  I guess check the obvious like for some reason a blown fuse.  Otherwise, I'm thinking that maybe you need to have the dealer update the biek again to "find" those options.  Dont know why it would have to be when all they did was those seals.  good thing is thing is at least you can ride the bike with no problems without the heat this time of year.