Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cardo Scala G9x and the TT  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Miles, IA
Cardo Scala G9x and the TT
« on: June 25, 2015, 02:29:14 pm »
Just received my new G9x power set yesterday and am I impressed !

First I checked that the two G9x's were both indeed paired to intercom channel A, this leaves intercom channel B free on both units for future use with other units.

I then paired headset #1 to The Trophy channel #1 using one channel of Bluetooth and with the other channel of Bluetooth on the headset to my Zumo 660 which is paired to my I-phone 5s which sits in a cradle between the handlebars and is also connected to the Trophy SE using the Apple USB cable.

I then paired headset #2 to channel #2 of the Trophy. The second Bluetooth channel is free to be paired to the passengers phone.

This setup allows me to receive and make calls on headset #1 and also get GPS instructions along with intercom conversations with headset #2. Headset #2 can make separate phone calls with its second Bluetooth channel. Since both headsets are paired to the Trophy, I can stream music from the radio or MP 3's from my I-phone thru the USB to both headsets while retaining intercom capability between headsets and even to other bikes on intercom channel B !

This is just scratching the surface , as the G9x is also capable of intercom pairing with up to 8 other units ! Has VOX controls and many more features !

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Cardo Scala G9x and the TT
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 02:35:00 pm »
Excellent information!  All the bluetooth systems are getting much better with the feature set.  Everyone I have talked to that have the Cardo systems really likes them.  :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 11:24:40 pm »
Fireman, just installed my zumo 660.  Trying to figure out how to pair different channels on the Q9.  To be honest I thought, other than A and B intercom, there was only one.  Can you tell me how you paired to different bluetooth channels.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 02:53:45 am »
Fireman never mind.  I do believe I have figured it out. Brilliant advice works perfectly and I can now initiate calls as well as receive.  An unexpected but most welcome benefit of installing NAV!
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Miles, IA
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 03:39:19 am »
Something else I have just recently found is possible is by having my IPhone linked thru the Zumo 660, if I receive a text, I can reply using the microphone in my helmet to dictate a message, two taps and done, I prefer to  just place a call .... NEVER TEXT WHILE DRIVING !  If it is that urgent pull over and do the message, you don't have to even remove your helmet .

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 04:52:53 am »
Great tip Fireman. You really know your Cardo and Zumo!
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline triumphwes

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Federal Way, WA
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 01:27:15 pm »
I really struggled over the decision of going with the G9x set over the Nolan B4+ when I picked up my N104 EVO.  I have to ask, how are the G9's with cutting out?  My Nolan set-up seems to be pretty sensitive to interference with the bike bluetooth, and will cut out from time to time.

great write-up on the Scala G9x's!
'14 Trophy SE, Pacific Blue
'57 HD Frankenstein project
'67 Matchless G15CS