Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Headlight Protector  (Read 7674 times)

Offline John Arens

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Buell
  • City / Town: East Gosford
Headlight Protector
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:44:02 am »
Hello one and all,
My name is John and I own AMHP Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors.
I am currently working on the 2013- 1200 Trophy and wondering if there is anyone close to East Gosford that owns one who may be interested in coming to our home so I can check the fitting of a new protector for this model.
I would need you to stay for about an hour and in return once I have it finished I will supply the owner with a new protector at NC.
There is no damage to the bike just a fitting to make sure that I have everything correct.
Please call me on 4322 0949 or email at info@amhp.com.au.

Thanks

John :440:

Offline Trophyman12

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Re: Headlight Protector
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:12:22 pm »
Hi John
   Unfortunately im in the UK. I have a couple of questions though if you would indulge me. Firstly are your protectors going to be clear/coloured/smoked? Secondly. Are they going to be a one piece fitment that will cover the central park light too or are they in two pieces that just cover the main headlamps. I think that if you can make a one piece fitment to cover the whole of the lens you would have a UK market for them. Powerbronze supply one but they are a two piece fitment.

Thanks

Mark
Previous Bikes YAMAHA FJR1300 SUZUKI TL1000R            APRILLIA RSV1000 MILLIE YAMAHA YZF R1 SUZUKI GSXR1000
SUZUKI SV650S and countless others.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:19:01 am »
Hi John

I am in Canberra but it is a nice ride to Gosford. If you don't get any takers closer to you I am happy to come up. I have just been thinking about a headlight protector.

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 04:43:22 am »
*Originally Posted by saaz [+]
Hi John

I am in Canberra but it is a nice ride to Gosford. If you don't get any takers closer to you I am happy to come up. I have just been thinking about a headlight protector.

G'day Saaz,

Any excuse for a ride mate??? Seriously it would be good to see a domestically produced headlight protector for the TTSE (especially an all encompassing single unit - if possible).
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:17:26 am »
Yes.... that double unit which misses the parking light is just a Murphy's Law incident waiting to happen!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 06:18:44 am »
I'd be interested in seeing pictures of the finished product
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:29:49 am »
I just read an article about an AMHP protector fitted to a Rt1200, and it seemed ok.

I don't need an excuse for a ride, its just a matter of working in tyre changes to fit in with ride plans :)

*Originally Posted by Travelling2bob [+]
G'day Saaz,

Any excuse for a ride mate??? Seriously it would be good to see a domestically produced headlight protector for the TTSE (especially an all encompassing single unit - if possible).

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 06:08:16 pm »
Sounds like a good ride with a good reason but perhaps a bit far for me  :156: still would be fun.  Would need to blow the tyres up a bit for the wetter areas.

Still would be interested I have a headlight protector on the sprint and it has a few dings on it so does a good job.

tweedy-bunch