Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Low Seat vs. Stock Seat  (Read 6378 times)

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
Low Seat vs. Stock Seat
« on: June 27, 2015, 08:19:19 pm »
I purchased my '13 TTSE last month (used) that has a low seat installed. I prefer the seat in the higher position, but I'm wondering if having a stock seat would work well AND look better. I'm 5'9" (1.75 meters) and with this seat I'm able to easily be flat-footed, but the look of this low seat has me slightly less than satisfied.

I've included two photos of the low seat, one in the regular position, and one in the raised setting. Even in the low/standard setting, the fit-n-finish is not good.

With the low seat in the higher position (my preference), you can see that the fit next to the tank at the top is bad. The fit down next to the fairing is also bad.

With the low seat in the lower position, the fit at the tank is good, but the fit down next to the fairing is still not great.

Would the regular/stock seat fit better down next to the fairing? What recommendations do you have? Is there someone in the midwest area who would like a low seat -- or consider a swap for a bit -- to see how it works for them?

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Low Seat vs. Stock Seat
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:14:25 pm »
Mine is low and I don't particularly like the looks either, but when I'm riding I can't see it so I tolerate it.  Maybe someone here can post pictures of the standard, comfort, and european style seats so we can see what they look like.  Any takers?
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 09:59:32 pm »
That's how my low seat looks too.  Not too concerned about how it looks, as long as it works well for me... which it does.

The Corbin that came with mine fit the "cutout" just about perfectly, and it is very comfortable, but it is unfortunately a bit too tall for my midget legs, so no bueno.  Function over form.
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 10:50:04 pm »
You were fortunate to have gotten a Corbin.  They are usually long lead times and in my case took numerous calls after my credit card charge was processed before it shipped, then when it arrived with the included backrest mount was not square to the seat and the backrest sat at a slight angle.  An ironworking machine at the plant where I worked to the rescue on the backrest post and it was OK.  I wasn't about to send it back for repair after the work it took to get it.  The Corbin Trophy seat does indeed look like it fits nicely, and the Corbin BMW seat I had was very comfortable after about 2000 miles of break-in.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 02:54:36 am »
I have a comfort seat which when in the low position fits well around the fairing area and the height is very close to the low seat set in the high position.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 04:08:40 am »
Is the comfort seat, well, comfortable?  Since I have lowering links I can use my low seat in either the high or low position without much impact in reach, but I wish it was a little bit more comfortable.

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 10:42:55 am »
The standard seat fits the bike better and has about an inch more padding especially near the front so the seat feels flatter. I have the low seat and it leaves a gap where it meats the pillion seat

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »
I imagine others will weigh in on the subject, but to tell the truth trophied I cannot tell a lick of difference between the low seat and the comfort seat other than the height. I can ride as far on one as the other until I become uncomfortable. The best thing I have done is added an Airhawk R seat cushion, made a world of difference for me.