Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Thinking Trophy  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Zebedee

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
Thinking Trophy
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »
Hello all. Been lurking here a while and I,m seriously close to buying a 2012 Trophy se.  Had a gen 2 FJR for a year and couldn't get on with the handling but I do miss the comfort of a touring bike, so Q1 how does the Trophy compare, anyone come from the FJR? Q2 any issues with a 2012 se I should be aware of?. Thanks in advance.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Thinking Trophy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:05:22 pm »
Hi zebedee and welcome to the forum!  :400:

There are other ex FJR guys in here who can handle the specific comparisons...

There aren't really any significant problems that haven't been resolved by timely intervention from Triumph. Just make sure you get your dealership to check the VIN against the system and confirm any updates are done.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:06:16 pm »
Hi Zebedee and :400: to the Forum !

There were some teething problems with the first Trophy's, just like any new model,
but these have pretty well all been sorted out now - a 2012 should have had
a Centre Stand modification ( extra support bracket ), Cylinder Head "upgrade", and an ECU Replacement.

If you buy from a Triumph Dealer they can check and make sure all the work that should have been done,
has been done, and will be able to provide Triumph warranty ( for the first 3 months I think).

If you're buying from a non Triumph Dealer then take extra care - and if it's a "Cranberry Red" one
being sold on eBay - DON'T commit to buying it until I give you more details !

Cheers  :821:

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:33:47 pm »
*Originally Posted by Zebedee [+]
so Q1 how does the Trophy compare, anyone come from the FJR? Q2 any issues with a 2012 se I should be aware of?. Thanks in advance.
Hi Zebedee, and welcome  :400: ,  the only issue I can think of is that you will want to ride   :305: and enjoy  it all the time...... :017:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 12:17:18 am »
 :400: to the forum   Beware the red!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 12:24:38 am »
A mate has an FJR and ride with him a fair bit (I know many others with FJRs used for distance riding and they are happy)

FJR is lighter, easier to push around, feels quite small and centre of gravity lower.. Fairing protection and screen nowhere near as good as the Trophy. Not much space for changing headlight bulbs and doing wiring. Headlights on the Trohy as standard may be a little bit better. Fuses are hidden under panels behind the battery, a pain to get to. Over a tank of fuel I will typically use 3 or more litres less than the FJR. As mine is the SE unfair to compared suspension with an FJR that does not. Tyre life seems about the same. Ergonomics on the FJR are more sporting, and move closer to the Trophy when risers are fitted.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:01:05 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 03:08:37 am »
Hi Zebedee, and welcome to the forum!  You haven't mentioned if you've test-ridden a Trophy yet.  If not, make that next on your list.  And be prepared to buy!

:401:
STONEY

tweedy-bunch